Fidelity.com login suddenly stopped working

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member

I've used Fidelity.com since 1998 and 1Password since 2008...and they've always worked perfectly together. Today, all of a sudden, when I tried to login to Fidelity.com it wouldn't accept my login. I could login manually, using copy/paste from 1Password for my username and password, but the open & fill wouldn't work, nor would going to the login page on Fidelity.com and using the Safari extension.

I have changed nothing in either 1Password or Fidelity.com and it worked just fine two days ago. I checked to make sure animated form filling was turned off...it is. Calling Fidelity got me nowhere as they blame everything on 1Password and tell me to enter my credentials manually. Any ideas as to why my login credentials won't work when entered with 1Password, yet they do work when copy/pasted from 1Password? Thanks.

Comments

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member
    Options

I just checked and my fidelity login works on the fidelity.com homepage. I only started using fidelity recently, so I have a recent save. Maybe try re-saving the login?

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member
    Options

LarryMcJ

Fidelity seems to work fine for me in Firefox and Safari with the latest beta versions of everything. No recent issues experienced.

My login site address is below if that is any help:

https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/Fidelity/RtlCust/Login/Init?AuthRedUrl=https://oltx.fidelity.com/ftgw/fbc/ofsummary/defaultPage

I have had occasional issues with other sites recently but not Fidelity. Good luck.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LarryMcJ,

Can you make sure you've got the 4.2.1 update for the 1Password extension installed and let us know if you're still having trouble with your Fidelity login using that? Here's how to find the version number of the 1Password extension for Safari:

• Open Safari.
    • Select Safari > Preferences… from the menu bar.
    • Click the Extensions tab, select 1Password in the left sidebar, and look for its version number, e.g.:

Thanks!

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, I have 4.2.0 of the Safari extension installed, and after removing and adding Fidelity a third time, it's now working. But since this worked fine for so many years I had to call Fidelity again, and after talking again with their web team, they said they "might" have made some changes that "could" affect programs like 1Password, but of course "I should always enter my password manually". I just couldn't help myself...I told the guy "...so to enhance security you don't want customers to use 1Password, but yet you don't even allow symbols in your passwords?" His reply was "we're working on that." :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LarryMcJ‌

I'm sorry to hear that you've been fighting with your Fidelity Login. But I'm pleased that you were finally able to get it working. Thanks so much for encouraging the bank to improve their password guidelines! :)

This discussion has been closed.