REQ: Expand the 1Pmini condensed description field

Options
Smudge
Smudge
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I use generated passwords for my account security questions (like "What is your Mother's maiden name?") instead the real answer. However when I save the question description within 1P, it is shown as very condensed within 1Pmini. This make it very inconvenient to retrieve this info when logging into the website as I can't see what the question is. I have to run the full 1P app then switch back and forth between 1P and the web browser to copy/paste each answer.

Here is an example image. As you can see, there is a LOT of wasted whitespace to the right of the passwords.

My request is to make the detail column wider and move the password field column to the right side of the 1Pmini window. Here is a mockup of what I'm thinking.

Ah, much better. Now I can see what each question is and copy the right answer.
Please ask your developers to look into adjusting the 1Pmini view window.

Thanks

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Smudge,

Thanks for the feedback! We do try to keep 1Password mini as compact as possible, but I'll pass your suggestion along to our developers.

When I enter security questions and answers, I usually try to shorten the question as much as possible. For example, "What city were you born in?" could be shortened to "City born in?". That might help a bit. :)

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member
    Options

I understand that you want to keep it as compact as possible but the width of the above images is the current width of the mini window, despite any of the contents. Any shorter text of any of the fields doesn't change the existing width and longer text is just truncated. So if they at least keep the existing window width, my suggestion would still work great.

I've tried your suggestion of shortening the description text but there are many times it still isn't enough.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @Smudge,

Thanks again for the detailed feedback here. I'd like to suggest an alternative layout for these questions and answers. I've started storing my questions on one line and the answers on the next. This ensures that the question is easily legible in the Mini's pop-up.

demo data shown

This should help you keep things organized and visible! :)

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member
    Options

Nice idea! I'll have to convert quite a few entries but it will hold me over until the developers look into adjust the column widths.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Smudge,

I'm glad to hear this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.