1Password for Yosemite beta (OS X 10.10) [requires 1Password 4.5 beta; see Mac Beta forum]

Options
Justin Burrows
Justin Burrows
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

Installed the first beta of OS 10.10 running into issues with the safari extension, would love to get on the beta testing when you have one :)

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi Justin,

You're most welcome to join the 1Password beta family! If you're just keen on playing with the beta versions of the extensions, you can find those on the extension download page, simply click the option to 'Enable betas'.

If you'd like to join the Mac beta family, we'd be happy to have you here as well! :)

Update:

Please refer to this blog post for more information about using 1Password with the Yosemite beta:

Things to know about beta testing OS X Yosemite

And the Mac Beta forum is the preferred place to ask questions and report issues about beta testing 1Password on Yosemite. Also, see where to get new betas so you can download/install the 4.5 beta to run on Yosemite.

Thanks! :)

• isepic
    isepic
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

I would like to say I installed 1PW via the app store to 10.10 yesterday (on a 15" mac book pro retina upgrading from 10.9.3), and even though safari first booted up and and said all extensions were disabled, I went in and enabled 1PW extension, and it worked 100% for me. I got frustrated with a few other bugs (in mail, not 1PW related) and did a 100% fresh and virgin install. Once I did that, I once again installed 1PW from the app store, and installed the extension (this time since not an upgrade it didn't auto-disable anything, because there was nothing there to begin with). Again, it worked great. I did have it sync to both iCloud (which it did complain about if you sync via 10.10 or ios8 you won't be able to sync with older, e.g 10.9 or ios7.x.) but did work, and did paste in my passwords with the key combo. I didn't do much testing after that though, more to come if I find anything.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @isepic,

Thanks for the information! Please let us know if you run into any trouble.

• iChe
    iChe
    Community Member
    Options

I also installed Yosemite. I installed 1Password from the Mac App Store. When I launched it, it crashed saying it could not find 1Password mini. So I opened Safari, installed the extension, launched 1Password again and… it worked. Pretty cool.
    I don't know if this is useful to you since it's so early but I thought it'd be nice to share this!

On the other hand, 1Password crashes on iOS 8 (installed using an iCloud backup).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iChe,

Thanks so much for reporting your experiences here. Our devs are excited to get 1Password polished up for this shiny new OS! :)

• seangrimes590
    seangrimes590
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

I just installed the 4.4.1 update and I can no longer open 1password. I am on 10.10 Yosemite. 1password was working fine on 10.10 prior to the update to 4.4.1. How do I go about downgrading? I (obviously) need access to my passwords.

I have tried rebooting the computer to see if there was just something odd going on, but no luck. I get the message "Failed to open 1Password database. 1Password mini failed to open database because of the following problem: 'database is locked'.

Error Domain = SQLite Code = 5 "database is locked"
    UserInfo = xxxxxxxx (SQLiteExtenderError=t, NSLocalizedDescription=database is locked)

1Password isn't asking me to input my password, so I'm not surprised that the database is locked.....any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @seangrimes590,

At the moment, 1Password is not officially supported on the OS X Yosemite beta, and some issues may exist. The beta releases of OS X — especially the very early ones — are meant for developers so that they can adapt their applications to recent changes and implement features that use new development APIs. They will have bugs, and applications may not function during the beta. If you are using one of the betas, please be aware that you should probably avoid using your everyday devices and instead use a secondary, test device. You'll want to make sure your primary devices are still functional during the beta period.

With that said, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to support+forum@agilebits.com and we will investigate.

• scriptwerx
    scriptwerx
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

I have 4.4.1 Beta 6 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite working to a point.

• Install the latest beta extensions for your browsers.
    • Launch 1Password and the "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini." dialog opens...
    • Ignore it!
    • Wait for quite some time...
    • The 1Password app opens and you can login (you don't have to).
    • The 1Password menu items are still disabled and the "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini." dialog remains.
    • Leave the app open; continue to ignore the dialog.
    • Your browser extensions will now work.

Not an ideal solution but for now it's handy to get to some passwords when necessary.

• seangrimes590
    seangrimes590
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the responses.

JasperP, I am a developer and generally do exactly as you say, install on a secondary computer, but at the moment I don't have one available (backup web server that unfortunately became primary web server) and couldn't resist installing on my primary computer. So, I'm not complaining about incompatibilities, more hoping I could downgrade to the previous version of 1password since it was working on 10.10. I will email you a diagnostics report shortly, thanks.

scriptwerx, thanks for the tip, that worked for me too. I have my passwords again! I'm about to try the old .app from a cloned backup from before the 10.10 install, I'll report back as to whether it stills works on 10.10. If not, your solution will be fine for a while.

• scriptwerx
    scriptwerx
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Sorry - I had updated from Beta 6 to 4.4.1 (build #441008) which introduced this problem; the beta download link that's still on the website:

https://cache.agilebits.com/dist/1P/mac4/1Password-4.4.1.BETA-6.zip

Seems to work perfectly well without issue.

• seangrimes590
    seangrimes590
    Community Member
    Options

scriptwerx, that's great, works for me, thanks for the link.

• scriptwerx
    scriptwerx
    Community Member
    Options

Had we been discussing technicalities or functionality of the OS X beta not already disclosed by Apple or have posted screenshots then we would have but we're discussing 1Password working on the beta and only the functionality of 1Password.

We have not disclosed anything about Apple's software at all other than we are using it which is not contravening the agreement as Apple has publicly revealed the existence thereof.

Obviously people interpret forum trolling differently.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Just wait until there are a million users of the public beta. No holds barred after that, I'll bet.

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member
    Options

Everyone can have access to Yosemite - Apple opened up beta testing for the masses - go join https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram

This program maybe different than what developers get - but go sign up and download at Apple - free

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Actually, @DTM, that link will only allow the masses to sign up for the public beta. Those who do so must await an email from Apple with a code that will permit downloading from the Mac App Store. I don't think those codes have been mailed yet, so we among the masses who would like access still don't have it yet. And the public beta is reported to be limited to one million users. That's quite a few, to be sure, but not everyone.

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @hawkmoth for clarification

• jamiepeloquin
    jamiepeloquin
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Since installing the Yosemite beta, 1Password 4 refuses to launch. The Safari extension worked until I logged out, now it can not find 1Password anymore. This is the non-App Store version of 1Password 4.4.1. Any thoughts on how I can get it working again?

** UPDATE ** I was able to get 1Password to finally launch by right-clicking the app > Open. Odd... Reinstalled the Safari Extension, and all is working now.

• JefferyRPrice
    JefferyRPrice
    Community Member
    Options

On 10.10, the 1Password app launches and appears to run fine, but I cannot actually see any of my content. Instead I have what appears to be a default view where I should be able to see details such as username, etc. (screen shot attached).

109.png 181.3K
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jamiepeloquin,

I'm glad you've been able to get 1Password working with the Yosemite beta!

Hi @JefferyRPrice,

Can you see (literally :)) if there's any difference after restarting 1Password mini and, if not, restarting your system? And if that doesn't fix the invisible content problem, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks!

• JefferyRPrice
    JefferyRPrice
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk Just sent the diagnostics report and requested info.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sending the report, @JefferyRPrice. I see that Chris helped you get rid of an extra version of 1Password and you're now good to go with just one 1Password on Yosemite. :)

• ssdeg7
    ssdeg7
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

When I try to open 1Password on the developer preview of Mac OS X Yosemite it says it's unable to open and to contact support for help (and closes the app before it shows the UI), the only workaround I could find was to uninstall the safari extension and install it again. After that a website appears telling you to open the app (with a button) after a long effort and lots of tries eventually 1Password mini opens and lets you use the app.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @ssdeg7‌

Thanks for posting your workaround here. Are you currently beta testing 1Password 4 for Mac as well as Yosemite? I'm sure you already have read this, but I just want to direct your attention to our support article here: iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite Betas: Test Driving an Operating System.

We do recommend signing up to help test the 1Password 4 for Mac beta as well, because any fixes that we introduce for the new OS X will show up there first.

Please note that at this time:

1Password mini takes longer than usual (sometimes more than 30 seconds) to start on OS X Yosemite. (from the beta forum)

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• ssdeg7
    ssdeg7
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using both versions, the release version and the beta version and this happens on both. I haven't really given it much time but I'll try to figure out what's happening and post later if I find something useful. Thanks for your reply @Megan

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ssdeg7‌

Thanks for helping to beta test! Our developers are aware of this issue, but if you do figure out what's happening - please do let us know. :)

• ssdeg7
    ssdeg7
    Community Member
    Options

These are the error messages shown when trying to open 1Password 4 Beta and release versions

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you're using 1P4 beta and Yosemite beta you'll find it more helpful to check threads on the 1P4 beta forum.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.