1Password for Yosemite beta (OS X 10.10) [requires 1Password 4.5 beta; see Mac Beta forum]

Options

Comments

• Kenroy Harrison
    Kenroy Harrison
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

I upgraded to 4.4.1 on Yosemite and now I keep getting the following message:

1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini

I've reinstalled a couple times now and still get the same error.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

-Kenroy

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

If you're using Yosemite you really ought to be using the beta versions of 1P4 which are designed for Yosemite. See the posts in the beta forum and in particular this sticky.

(Edit: you may be able to solve your problem by starting 1P mini manually.)

Stephen

• Yi Lin
    Yi Lin
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

1Password does not open at all. Help!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The only version of 1P4 that is compatible with Yosemite is the 4.5 beta. See the beta forum and read very carefully the sticky at the top of it.

Stephen

• Nytemagik
    Nytemagik
    Community Member
    Options

I have both the betas for Yosemite and for IOS 8. The mobile version has been brilliant but I am having issues with the Mac version.

I am using the html method to have my passwords available.

Any suggestions/ new beta versions???

john.king!mac.com

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nytemagik,

Please read this article in the Mac Beta forum about running 1Password on Yosemite:

Beta testing 1Password on Yosemite

You'll want to run the 1Password 4.5 beta on OS X Yosemite preview builds. :)

• BFreer
    BFreer
    Community Member
    Options

Hello:

I just downloaded the latest 1password beta for Yosemite and the related Safari extension. Works well. But perhaps I made a mistake in that the 1Password app now shows that I have 30 days to purchase 1Password. Is that correct? I purchased version 4 last year. I am happy to pay again, but if I do won't I get a non-beta app?

Anyway, thanks a lot for offering up the betas.

Brant

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options
    1. Open 1Password

2. Select Software Licenses

3. Select 1Password4

4. Click on License.onepassword-license

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi Brant ( @BFreer ),

I just downloaded the latest 1password beta for Yosemite … the 1Password app now shows that I have 30 days to purchase 1Password. Is that correct?

Yup, that is correct. From the AgileBits Software Licenses page:

The application downloaded from our website will remain fully functional for the first 30 days after you install it. After this initial trial period, you will need to purchase a license to continue using without restrictions.

However, if you've previously purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store you can use it to license a version of 1Password 4 (beta or stable) downloaded directly from AgileBits. See this post for specific instructions.

I purchased version 4 last year. I am happy to pay again, but if I do won't I get a non-beta app?

If indeed you've previous purchased a 1Password 4 for Mac license from our Agile Online Store, you can license the beta version using steps like @xz4gb8 posted (thanks!) without paying again.

Note that licensing doesn't affect the beta expiration timer; betas will expire regardless of the license status.

I hope that helps. :)

• BFreer
    BFreer
    Community Member
    Options

My mistake. Turns out I didn't have a license for 1Password 4. But I purchased one and all is well. Thanks again.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Brant,

Thanks for your 1Password 4 license upgrade purchase!

Speaking of mistakes… just noticed I'd misspelled your name earlier (now fixed); oops! :)

If you've got more questions about, or issues with, the 1Password 4 beta for Yosemite feel free to slide over to Mac Beta forum and post 'em!

• mtcart1
    mtcart1
    Community Member
    Options

Any idea when an update for Yosemite operating system will be available? Beta testers cannot use 1Password. Need my 1Password!!!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 4.5 betas are designed to work with Yosemite. See the beta forum, noting particularly this sticky at the top of it.

Stephen

• mtcart1
    mtcart1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Stephen!

• alanackerman
    alanackerman
    Community Member
    Options

I am using the latest 1Password beta, 4.5-BETA-9 and when I log in it does not work with Yosemite giving the first dialog box below. The only choice is to click Quit. (Which does NOT quit 1Password.) 1Password mini key icon disappears from the menu bar when I hit quit. In Safari clicking on the key gets me two error dialog boxes, one of which I captured. Later on the key icon in Safari does start to work as does 1Password and 1Password mini does reappear in the menu bar. I don't know what changes.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you are using a 1P 4.5 beta on Yosemite please post on, and refer to, the beta forum if you have any problems.

Stephen

• fmrem
    fmrem
    Community Member
    Options

I receive an error message. Is an update required for Yosemite? If so, is one in the works?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fmrem,

Please check post #2 of this topic for answers to your questions. :)

• alanackerman
    alanackerman
    Community Member
    Options

I installed 1Password beta, 4.5-BETA-10 and got the same error. I tried logging off and logging on my userid and that did not help. Then I rebooted my Mac and that fixed it. I realize now that the same thing happened with 1Password beta, 4.5-BETA-9 -- I did reboot my Mac in the midst of all the other things I tried. Until further notice, I am going to reboot my Mac whenever I install a new version of 1Password beta. Either you need to fix something or force a restart.

• Jasper
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi alanackerman,

We've received your email to our support address as well, so we'll respond to you there. :)

internal reference number: VZY-56129-361

• Robertr
    Robertr
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed that the beta version is running under 30 day trail. I wanted to enter my license, but it goes to documents looking for it. I enter it on a text file in documents but it will not select it. Any ideas?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this post on the beta forum help?

(Please note that generally you'll get more help with beta problems by posting on the beta forum.)

Stephen

• joesammirato
    joesammirato
    Community Member
    Options

Installing the Oracle Java version 8 update 20 beta seems to have solved my issues with PW1 mini in the OS 10.10 Yosemite version of Safari. (Mac Pro - late 2013)

• joesammirato
    joesammirato
    Community Member
    Options

Should have mentioned I'm using the 4.2.4 PW1 extension as well.

• kattnip333
    kattnip333
    Community Member
    Options

I'm a little confused by the mixed messages on this thread...I have ver 4 on my main computer but the previous v 3 on my husbands older iMac. I have installed Yosemite on his machine as Apple suggests you NOT use it on your primary computer due to it's being a BETA. I have NO problem whatsoever using ver 3 on this yosemite computer. From what I'm seeing, ver 4 does have a problem? What am I missing? An older version of 1password works but the newer version doesn't?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joesammirato,

I'm glad you've sorted out your problem with using the 1Password extension with Safari on Yosemite beta. It's a mystery how Java installation could matter since 1Password doesn't rely on Java at all. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kattnip333,

At least all known issues with using 1Password 3 on Mavericks would also apply to running it on Yosemite. For example, importing doesn't work. And the MAS version of 1Password 3 won't create new data files. We haven't tested version 3 with Yosemite, so you may see some glitches that we are unable to predict … or fix.

Many changes mentioned in the 1Password 4 for Mac Release Notes for 4.5 betas are related to Yosemite usage.

I have installed Yosemite on his machine as Apple suggests you NOT use it on your primary computer due to it's being a BETA.

It's smart to follow the suggestion to not install Yosemite beta on a primary Mac. If you're satisfied with how 1Password 3 runs on your husband's iMac it's fine to stick with it there. I'm sorry for any confusion about stating that 1Password "requires 4.5 beta" to run on Yosemite beta; "full functionality requires 4.5 beta" won't fit in the topic title. :)

• brombacher
    brombacher
    Community Member
    Options

My question revolves around using the Beta of 1Password on my machine running Yosemite Beta while continuing to use the non Beta latest version on my multiple iOS devices and the most recent non Beta version on my other two Macs. I too have noticed that on my Yosemite machine it does not update all my devices in iCloud. If I update to the Beta 1Password version on my Yosemite Mac will it update again to the other devices that are still running Mavericks and iOS 7 or do you still recommend switching to Dropbox sync. I'd rather not do that since I really like the iCloud sync so I may just wait and not update any passwords using the Yosemite machine. Hope I'm making sense.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @brombacher,

I too have noticed that on my Yosemite machine it does not update all my devices in iCloud.

Yup, that's a known issue mentioned in this blog post:

Things to know about beta testing OS X Yosemite

iCloud on Yosemite and iOS 8 is being completely overhauled. This means it does not work for 1Password and many other apps.

So, it's not only 1Password that's affected.

If I update to the Beta 1Password version on my Yosemite Mac will it update again to the other devices that are still running Mavericks and iOS 7 or do you still recommend switching to Dropbox sync.

The latter, if you want to sync your data with 1Password on Yosemite and/or iOS 8 betas. From the same blog post:

If you beta test Yosemite or iOS 8 and 1Password, we recommend switching to Dropbox sync.

Wi-Fi sync may also work, but Dropbox sync is preferable right now.

I'd rather not do that since I really like the iCloud sync so I may just wait and not update any passwords using the Yosemite machine.

That's definitely an option.

Hope I'm making sense.

Sure does! :)

Thanks for asking about this. If you have other questions please let us know.

• lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member
    Options

Let me see if I understand . . . don't upgrade to Yosemite if you are using 1P4 and when I purchase my iPhone 6 on September 9 (IOS8), 1P will not work. Is this correct?

This discussion has been closed.