1Password for Yosemite beta (OS X 10.10) [requires 1Password 4.5 beta; see Mac Beta forum]

Options
13»

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lescovorro‌

It's a long thread here, and I'm not quite sure how much of it you've read, but essentially, this thread is meant to caution users who are currently helping to beta-test OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Because Yosemite is still in beta-test mode, we don't recommend installing it at this time unless you are prepared to beta test 1Password 4 for Mac as well. The release version of 1Password 4 may have some issues with this new operating system, and any fixes that our developers implement will show up in the beta version of 1Password 4 first. It's important to keep in mind as well that when you are beta testing an operating system, there may be glitches within the operating system itself that we are unable to fix.

Our developers have been working hard to ensure that 1Password 4 for Mac and 1Password 4 for iOS will work smoothly with the new operating systems when they are released this fall. Beta testing has been going well - you should see some great updates to 1Password to match the new OS X 10.10 and iOS 8 operating systems.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• RonFisk
    RonFisk
    Community Member
    Options

I jumped in here late (my first day on the forum) and most of my issues have probably been answered elsewhere. Basically, my problem is with Yosemite as I don't have iOS8 yet. I can't use iCloud to sync since going to Yosemite. Probably because I don't have iOS8 on any of my iDevices. (iPhone, iPads etc.) I can sync everything with Wi-Fi sync but it's a PIA. After reading some of the posts it seems that iCloud Drive isn't working with iPassword 4.5 beta anyhow. Is there a workaround available or have I already stumbled on to it. I'm hoping iOS8 will be released soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Ron...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ron ( @RonFisk ), and welcome to our forum!

At the moment, Dropbox and Wi-Fi are the syncing options you can use between 1Password on Yosemite beta and iOS 7.

We're excited about iOS 8 and Yosemite, too. :)

• HunterHillegas
    HunterHillegas
    Community Member
    Options

Question for you - I'm on iOS 8 on my iOS devices and 10.10 DP8 on my Mac. I'm running the 4.5 beta. Am I correct that it's not yet CloudKit enabled? Or am I just missing something? If I need to keep waiting and WiFi sync, that's fine, though I'm totally willing to test CloudKit sync from Yosemite to iOS 8 if that's useful. Thanks!

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@HunterHillegas‌

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28618/attention-all-icloud-users-important-changes-in-1password-5-os-x-10-10-and-ios-8#latest

Note for early adopters (September 17, 2014): In 1Password 5, iCloud sync requires iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). Because Yosemite has not yet been released, it is currently not possible to sync iOS 8 devices with Macs using iCloud.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm going to close this super long thread as it's run its course. The short version is that if you are beta testing Yosemite, you need to be beta testing the version of 1Password as well if you want it to work. :)

For more details, please be sure to read our full blog post:

Things to know about beta testing OS X Yosemite

This discussion has been closed.