Problem with upgrading to 1Password 4 [moved to email]

Options
lkb2014
lkb2014
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I've just installed 1Password4, and followed the instructions sent to me here http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/v3-extensions.html. These say to manually create a new login, then verify that it exists in the 1Password3 main app. The new login appears in the existing browser extension, but not in the main app, and the instructions give no indication what to do in this case.

Comments

• lkb2014
    lkb2014
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I did not make it clear that the problem above concerns the steps to uninstall the Safari extension for 1Password3 prior to installing the new one for 1Password4.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @lkb2014,

So we can get a bit more information about your installation of 1Password, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• lkb2014
    lkb2014
    Community Member
    Options

Report has just been sent.

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Thanks for sending in the report! We'll review the report and respond via email as soon as we can. :)

• lkb2014
    lkb2014
    Community Member
    Options

I have subsequently exchanged several emails with your company, and am still unable to complete my upgrade to 1Password4. The response to the diagnostics I sent was that there was no difference between the data in my 1Password3 extension and the Main App, therefore I could proceed with de-installing the old one and installing the new one. Given that my initial trouble report was based on the fact that the test login I was instructed to create appeared in the browser extension but not the main app, there is an obvious flaw in this response - clearly there IS a difference between the 2 data sets. However, I proceeded with the instructions and now have the new browser extension installed. The next issue was that the email confirming my order did not contain the link to the new license, and again the support instructions for what to do in this case did not match up with the reality of what your software was doing. I was eventually sent an email with a link, which took me to a page to download my license, but clicking that link resulted in another error message. I then attempted to get my license key manually, which eventually led to your company, which is based on password security, sending me my user id & password in one plain text email. And still, I cannot get my license key for the software I purchased 3 days ago.

• Jasper
    Options

It appears that Kris from our support team has been able to help get this sorted out now. If you have any other problems, please reply to Kris' email and we'll be glad to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.