1Password Version 4.4.1 (441008) Filled old password [resolved by saving a new Login item]

Options
Pinnapong Silpsakulsuk
Pinnapong Silpsakulsuk
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I have multiple google account. It was working fine till this week when I try to login using "cmd + \" and click to select my account then the google service said that I have changed my password around 2 months ago. I try copy and paste password from 1password instead of autofill it's working correctly. I guess the autofill feature filled my old password for me.

1Password Version 4.4.1 (441008) + Google chrome 35.0.1916.114 + 1Password extension 4.2.1.90

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Pinnapong,

What is the URL of the Google sign in page where you're having this problem? For example, maybe something like https://google.com/accounts/Login or https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin.

You mention having multiple Google accounts. Are you using separate Login items for each one and do they all have the same URL in their website fields?

When you open the Google page and press Command-\ is 1Password filling from the wrong Login item instead of letting you pick the one to use?

Thanks in advance for that additional information!

• Pinnapong Silpsakulsuk
    Options

Hi sjk,

I tried both URL it have the same problem.

I have 2 google accounts and I'm using separate login items for each one. They do have the same URL in their website fields.

When I open the google page and press Command-\ 1 Password let me pick the account I wish to use. but when I click on the account it appear to fill wrong password for me. and google said that "Your password was changed XX days ago."

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pinnapong,

It sounds like the Login item you're using for this Google account might need to be recreated so it fills the correct information. Let's try doing that with these steps:

• Edit the Login item for Google that's been giving you trouble and change its title, e.g. append Old to it, so you can tell it apart from others.
    • Visit the Google sign in page and enter credentials in the field(s) you want filled, but do NOT click the sign in button.
    • Click the 1Password extension button in your browser’s toolbar to see the mini popup, and unlock (if necessary).
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new Login from the menu that popped up.
    • Give the item a unique and identifiable title in the 1Password Save Login window, then click Save.
    • Reopen the Google sign in page and see if 1Password fills it correctly with the new Login item you just created.

Please let me know how that goes - thanks!

• Pinnapong Silpsakulsuk
    Options

Hi @sjk‌,

Fixed by your solution

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great, @Pinnapong. Thanks for letting me know. I hope that helps start a great week for you, too. :)

This discussion has been closed.