1Password Opens Firefox Twice

Options
BZZZZZ
BZZZZZ
Community Member

I'm using a MacBookPro 13" (Retina Display with a very fast 2.8GHz i7 chip), Mac OS X 10.9.3, 1Password 4.4.1, and Firefox 30.0 (set as default browser). When I double-click a login card in 1Password, Firefox opens twice. I can successfully complete the login in either of the two open Firefox windows. I'd like to stop the double-opening of Firefox. Can anyone suggest a fix? (Safari 7.0.4 does not double-open, when I set Safari as default browser.)

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, have noticed that (same versions as you). However, for me I need the following for that to happen:

1. Firefox must be quit or closed to the dock (i.e., in the dock, but with the active indicator showing under it).
    2. I click open and fill in the main app. (I've not tried opening an item from 1P mini when FF is not running, to see if the effect is the same, but suspect it would be.)

If FF is running and open on the desktop clicking open and fill in the main app opens the relevant login in a new tab (as I'd expect, from my settings).

This is, I think, a bug.

Stephen

• BZZZZZ
    BZZZZZ
    Community Member
    Options

I fixed the problem. Firefox Help > Troubleshooting Information > Reset Firefox. The reset kept my bookmarks and saved cookies but not my add-ons and extensions. I reinstalled the add-ons and extensions. No more double-opening.

• BZZZZZ
    BZZZZZ
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE: I'm realizing that what cookies and java scripts I allow or block influences whether I get a double-opening. I'm using trial and error to set cookies and scripts so that I don't get double-openings.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, that's interesting. There's some fairly rigorous cookie and script blocking going on here ;) so I'd better look into it to see if there's anything I can do to overcome the problem. Thanks for the update.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BZZZZZ‌

Thanks for taking the time to look into this! Our developers are currently tracking a bug which causes Firefox to open multiple tabs, I'm happy to add your new information to the existing report in our issue tracker.

• BZZZZZ
    BZZZZZ
    Community Member
    Options

I've noticed that two Firefox windows open when I double-click a 1Password login and Firefox is already open but minimized in the Dock. If I've already quit Firefox and Firefox is entirely closed, only one Firefox window opens when I double-click a 1Password login. Maybe this is a 1Password bug.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BZZZZZ‌

Thanks for the follow-up! We'll do what we can to have this bug taken care of as soon as possible. :)

This discussion has been closed.