1Password doesn't fill on www.winbank.gr [see suggested workaround in post #13]

Options
frofa
frofa
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

Since updating the Safari extension to 4.2.1 and later 4.2.2, filling in credentials on the site https://www.winbank.gr/en/Pages/Home.aspx does no longer work. Manually adding a new login does not solve the problem - it does create a new login, but that one lacks the credentials and naturally does not work to log in. The only thing that works was to get an older version (4.1.0) of the extension back from a recent backup. I had to do this after the 4.2.1 update, and again after the 4.2.2 update.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frofa,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! I'm sorry to hear that this site is acting up. I'm seeing some strange behaviour here too, so I've passed the URL along to our developers in hopes that they can get the extension behaving a bit better for you here! :)

• frofa
    frofa
    Community Member
    Options

sounds good! Whatever the reason is, it lies in the 4.2 update - the 4.1.0 still works perfectly well with the site.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @frofa. Filling may work using the 4.2.2 extension if the Password field is selected first, e.g. open the https://www.winbank.gr/en/Pages/Home.aspx page, press Tab, then fill.

• frofa
    frofa
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

unfortunately manually selecting the password field first does not really help either. It then fills in the username, but the password remains unfilled. Only after I click the password field after the username was already filled in by 1P, the password also appears (and sometimes not even then).

so, going back to 4.1.0 (for the I-don't-know maybe 20th time...)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frofa,

Thanks for confirming that selecting the page's Password field again is required for getting it to fill (when it works) after the initial filling of the Username field. Since you don't have this issue with the 4.1.0 extension I hope our developers can quickly find and fix what's preventing it from working properly with 4.2.x. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

• dteare
    Options

Hello @frofa,

I figured out what was causing the issue with winbank.gr and published a new release. Please try upgrading to the latest version (4.2.3) and see if it works for you as well.

Cheers!

• frofa
    frofa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @dteare,
    the 4.2.3 update indeed fixed the problem. Thanks for your great work!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, @frofa.

On Dave's behalf, you're most welcome. Thanks for letting him and the rest of us know. :)

If you have other issue issues or any questions we're here to help!

• zwezi
    zwezi
    Community Member
    Options

4.2.3 update fixed it for me too.....thanks for always being here and all your hard work.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you, @zwezi. We appreciate you letting us know, and the kind words. :)

• kkpp
    kkpp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue on this website using Chrome and the latest extension (4.2.4.90).

If you've fixed this problem with Safari, can you please also update the Chrome extension?

Thank you

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @kkpp,

I've confirmed there's trouble filling fields on the https://www.winbank.gr/en/Pages/Home.aspx page with version 4.2.4 of the extension using Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Only the Username field is initially filled:

With auto-submit disabled, clicking on the Password and extraPIN fields will fill them:

With 4.2.3, all fields will initially fill properly using the same browsers.

I've reopened this bug; thank you for reporting it!

ref: OPX-484

• kkpp
    kkpp
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome. And thanks for the tip! It works fine now if I disable automatic submission, click on the password field and then press enter. It's much quicker than what I was doing before. Thank you.

• On behalf of @sjk, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kkpp,

… disable automatic submission …

Ahh, yes. :)

Thanks for mentioning that; I've now incorporated it into my last reply.

• makis
    makis
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    I try with safari 7.1 and 4.2.4 extension and OS X 10.9.5 but nothing good happens.

This site www.winbank.gr remain "unsubmitted".

I disable automatic submission to the login and then from the preferences.

Is there any update to have a solution?

Thanks in advance

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @makis,

I'm sorry that we don't have a fix for this yet. Does the workaround suggested in post #13 work okay for you?

This discussion has been closed.