Classifying

Options
bernica
bernica
Community Member

Hello everybody,
In what category would you nest your personal hardware data : vendor, type, serial number, purchase date, etc...
This includes of course computer, hard disk, wifi hw, etc... but also domestic appliances, audiovisual hardware, and so on.
Up to now, I use Secure Notes forms, but it appears to be somehow inconfortable.
Moreover, does 1PW4 / Mac ( relayed by 1PW4 / iPad-iPhone ) offer the possibility to create specific templates and specific categories ?
Thank you for your answer
Regards
Bernard Cadier

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I use Secure Notes for anything like this that isn't confidential.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with MrC, and use secure notes.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

They do that because sadly there is no user-definable categories at the moment. If you peruse the forums you'll see lots of requests for additions along these lines or extra types of cards for the credit card section.

I've recently been adding custom labels to a new section of a server item.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi Bernard ( @bernica ),

I hope everyone's suggestions here are helpful for you. Like @littlebobbytables mentioned, custom categories/templates are a common request. A search for custom category will locate plenty of those discussions. Here's a recent one:

New Category Suggestion ->Devices

I've passed along your interest in this to our developers, too. :)

• bernica
    bernica
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk, I'm still hoping to see one day, within the 1PW4 environment, the arrival of "multitask templates" for multipurpose usage.
    Thank you for your answer

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @bernica,

You're not the only one who's looking forward to some more variety in Categories! Thanks for the feedback. Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

internal reference number: OPM-1643

This discussion has been closed.