Question when Saving a new login manually

Options
Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member

I have a question when repairing existing login using the goby:
learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/saving-logins-manually.html

Is there an easy way to transfer to the new login entry the notes, security questions, PIN numbers etc. included in the old login entry?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

When I have to do that I'm afraid I just copy and paste. Sometimes I've found it easier to compare the two webform details (click Edit then show web form details) and have been able to amend the old ones to match those in the new login (which can be quicker and easier).

Stephen

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen. I try to do the same as you, copy or compare.
    It just could be leghty to copy all the fields. And comparing the webform might not be straight forward either as they appear very similar.
    I was just trying to find out if there is a copy and paste feature I might have missed.
    Thank you for your input.
    Jay

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jay ( @Fairgame ),

I'm sorry that we don't have a better solution for you right now. If you're not already doing so, use the handy anchor button in 1Password Mini to pin an item's details to your screen so that you can view both the new and the old and more easily copy and paste between the two. :)

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I forgot about the anchor.
    It would be nice to be able to copy and paste all fields but it is not that big a deal.
    The logins do not break down that often.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jay ( @Fairgame ),

Happy to help! And I do hope your Logins don't break down too often ... if they do, we should talk. :)

This discussion has been closed.