app store buy

Options
Billymac
Billymac
Community Member

easy question...app store has password for sale...can I buy family license on app store ?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Billymac,

The licensing terms of the App Store are very similar to our Family License. From Macworld's Mac App Store FAQ:

"You can install apps bought from the Mac App Store on any and every Mac that you personally own and use."

"Apps don't check to see if you've using an iTunes-authorized Mac. They can ask you to verify your Apple ID and password, but that's a single check and it's just to verify you are who you say you are. Once your identity is verified, that's it. There's no authorizing or deauthorizing or counting of different Macs."

"Apps are purchased for and owned by a user linked to a single Apple ID. But if you log in with that ID on all the Macs in your household, you can download and install your apps on each one."

In short, you can use the Mac App Store license in the same manner as a family license from our store. Simply use your AppleID to install 1Password on your family's computers. Please note that this same AppleID will be required to install any updates.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Billymac,

There's more information about Apple ID usage in this Apple article:

Using your Apple ID for Apple services

I hope that also helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.