Question about filling in username and password [moved to email]

Options
Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I have company account with one username and two passwords. All worked well until recently, which I believe is due to my company's changes to the website. I use Dropbox to sync between Mac and iPad 1P4, all with the latest updates.
iPad still fills username and both passwords correctly, however, Mac only fills in the first password. No username and no second password is filled in (I tried Safari and Firefox, same results).
I also tried "Save new login" procedure, the results were same.
I know you cannot try this since this is company website, but anybody has an idea why iPad still works and Mac does not?
Thanks

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Fairgame,

To better assist with your filling issue, it would be most helpful if you could send us the HTML source for the company login page so we can analyze the form code. Here's how to do that:

1. Open the company login page in Safari, but don't fill any fields there.
    2. Choose Save As… under the File menu, make sure the Format: Page Source option is selected, and save the file.
    3. Open the saved HTML file with your text editor and make sure that your password or other sensitive information is not saved in there. It's usually not but it's better to be safe than sorry. If you do spot something like that, just remove or redact it (e.g. with "oldpassword").
    4. Once you've double-checked the source, attach it to an email (including a link to this topic and your forum username) and send it to us at support+forum AT agilebits.com. We will keep it confidential regardless of the content.

Thanks in advance!

Some differences in filling mechanisms between 1Password for iOS and Mac can be the reason why filling will work with one but not the other. We are working on minimizing those differences. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @Fairgame,

We've received your email with the page source; thanks for sending that! It looks like the issue you're having may be caused by using the same password for both fields. I'll close this topic now and we'll continue the discussion through email so wires aren't getting crossed between here and there. :)

internal reference number: RXZ-73476-155

This discussion has been closed.