New Mac installation of 1Password will not load items from Dropbox [moved to email]

Options
kempbj
kempbj
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

After using 1P on PC, our office is now switching to Mac. I loaded 1P, and told it to sync w/ my dropbox 1P records. It says it synced (see attached screenprint), but there are no items listed. I have read many posts and none of the things they say to try have worked. Pretty new to the whole Mac world, and I can't even get 1P to uninstall so I can start over. (closing everything and dragging it to trash does nothing - it just stays there.) I tried to restore my last backup from the PC version, and it finds all the backup files, but they are dim and won't restore.

I'll never get transferred from PC to Mac if I can't use my passwords! Please help!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you do want to try to start over with 1P4 there is a knowledge base article here which will walk you through what is necessary.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kempbj,

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting your 1Password data in Dropbox loaded into 1Password on the Mac. Are you still able to access it with 1Password on the PC?

When you first ran 1Password on your Mac and went through the set up process, did it automatically detect your 1Password data in Dropbox? If not, this article explains/shows how to find and use it:

Helping 1Password find existing data in Dropbox

It's probably easiest to start over with 1Password on your Mac, like @Stephen_C mentioned, and go through the setup process again to make sure it's finding/using the correct data in Dropbox.

If you're still stuck after that we'd like to help get this sorted out through email. To do that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• kempbj
    kempbj
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostics report submitted just now.

Thank you both for your help. I have followed the knowledge base article steps to "start over." Quit 1Password and 1Password mini; renamed everything, restarted.

I did not get the screen with two options ("I'm new..." and "I've used..." - it just asked for my master password. I gave it, and it said it found my dropbox data. But it still does not have any items in it. (Well, it has one item - my license key - but none of my passwords, etc.)

Yes, I am able to still use 1Password on my 2 PCs.

THanks!

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @kempbj,

Thanks for sending in your Diagnostic Report! However, I wasn't able to locate it using the email address on your forum account.

If you already got a reply from someone on our team, great! If not, please private message me the email address you sent the report from.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kempbj,

We did locate your email with the report and Kris has already followed up with you. I'll close this topic now and we'll keep the conversation going directly through email to avoid mixing things up between here and there. :)

internal reference number: WZU-23175-618

This discussion has been closed.