Secure Note disappeared

Options
skishnot
skishnot
Community Member

Hi, I've been using 1password for many years (I love it!) and I've never had a single problem... until now.
I created a Secure note sometime before May 25th (cross-referenced my journal), but I can't find it any more. I accessed the 1Password folder (in dropbox) using Time Machine, but it didn't work. I also tried restoring from a backup, but it didn't work either, so I'm kinda panicking right now. Is there any way I can access the file?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I assume you have checked on both your Mac and your iDevice: is that correct? (I'm just wondering if it's possible it may not have synchronised.)

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skishnot‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble here. In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• skishnot
    skishnot
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys, thanks for the quick replies!

First of all, thanks to Stephen for the suggestion! It seems like the sync didn't happen for a while, and I was able to find the missing document on my iPhone (still missing in other devices)! I've exported the data so I'm good for now.
    The version of 1Password is 4.4.1 (441006), bought from the Mac AppStore. I'm currently running OS X 10.10 DP, installed just a few days ago. I use Drop Box to sync between devices, but it looks like the sync stopped. When I tried to sync with my iPad, it says that my vault in the iPad has more entries (265) and was last updated in May 6, 2014, whereas the vault in my Dropbox has 195 entries (last updated yesterday).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skishnot,

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to find that note thanks to @Stephen_C's suggestion! Now, let's reset sync to ensure that everything is on the same page:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync.

That should get everything sorted out!

• skishnot
    skishnot
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried to follow the steps outlined, using iCloud this time to sync between devices.
    It seems like the syncing between devices don't work as intended at this time, though. Using my iPad, I clicked on Sync with iCloud, and something popped up saying "One moment please", and then nothing happens.
    I'm using iOS8 at the moment so that could be the reason?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skishnot‌

Thanks for letting me know you're helping to test the iOS 8 beta! Using a beta OS is often fraught with some interesting errors. :) Please see our post Beta testing 1Password on Yosemite for some details on how 1Password is currently able to interact with the 10.10 and iOS 8 betas. In particular, you'll note that:

iCloud on Yosemite and iOS 8 is a complete overhaul and has no connections to the previous iCloud version. Therefore, all OS X and iOS apps will be affected. There are no workarounds right now at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.