Feature request: Site persistent password recipe and rotation alerts

Options
Xipper
Xipper
Community Member

I interact with many different sites that each have their own password complexity limits, however every time I go to refresh my password for a particular site I have to manually re-adjust the recipe to work for that particular site. It would be great to have a way of "persisting" the recipe for a saved site/login so that it would always be used without having to manually edit the recipe configuration.

One key example is that RSA Pins are numeric only, however every time I edit my saved RSA Pin I have to go in and edit the recipe to be the right character limit, set symbols to 0 and digits to the character limit. I have various other logins that are fixed length and numerical only, or some that won't allow special characters...or have a 12 character limit, etc.

It would be magnificent to have this option. Another great option would be a per-login life cycle/age notification. I have RSA Pins that expire every 60-days and passwords that require 30-day rotations, would be awesome if 1Password could warn me of these on a per login basis rather than having to create smart folders...which I have to look at manually to see if rotation is due.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @Xipper,

Thank you for these feature requests and examples! I've noted them both with the existing requests we already have filed in our tracker.

If you have any other ideas or questions please do suggest or ask them. :)

ref: OPM-1530, OPM-1645

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

Smart folders (or tags) plus repeating calendar alerts ought to do the trick unless and until a notification feature is added to 1Password.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for those tips, @benfdc. I hope they'll be helpful for @Xipper. :)

• alanthonyc
    alanthonyc
    Community Member
    Options

Bump.

Thanks for considering this new feature!

• Thanks for the feedback, @alanthonyc! :)

• tt7wqrnb780
    tt7wqrnb780
    Community Member
    Options

I wanted to add my vote to Xipper and JasperP's -- this is at the top of my wished-for features to add to 1Password. Thanks!

• Hi @tt7wqrnb780,

I've added your vote to our internal tracker. Thanks for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.