Just bought 1Password for Mac, how do i use it on iPhone? [1Password for iOS is a separate purchase]

Options
Spencer Richards
Spencer Richards
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

I just bought the full version if 1password for mac and have set everything up and it works great on my mac. But i want to use it on my iPhone as well, how do i get access to the app without paying for the mobile version? I want to use the safari autofill option on my iPhone for all my usernames and passwords.

So in other words, I basically have to stop using my iPhone for the apps i want to be secured? Because i won't have access to 1password unless i spend 17 more dollars for the iOS app?

Thanks

Comments

• Spencer Richards
    Spencer Richards
    Community Member
    Options

So it looks like i have to buy the mobile version 2? That is lame!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You need the iOS app to use 1Password on your iPhone - the apps are completely separate. Something worth knowing before you make that purchase though is that 1Password will probably allow you to seamlessly autofill once iOS 8 is released with the extensions API but at the moment with iOS 7 you can't autofill into iOS Safari, you can only autofill into the built-in 1Password browser. At the moment though (iOS 7 and below) there are no interactions between apps.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

For me, the price of both applications has been well worth it. But if you are unhappy enough to reconsider your choice, if you made your buy through the AgileBits web store, they have a 30-day money back guarantee. If you made your purchase through the Mac App Store, you would have to take up your dissatisfaction with Apple.

It isn't exactly lame that pricing is handled this way. Apple doesn't provide developers any way to bundle applications. But I do agree that by usual iOS pricing standards, 1Password is expensive. With respect to the Mac version, I don't think the price is out of line.

I too am looking forward to what new versions for Yosemite and iOS 8 will bring for improved functionality.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Spencer,

I hope the helpful responses from @littlebobbytables and@hawkmoth were informative.

Yup, 1Password for iOS is a separate purchase. You might be able to use 1PasswordAnywhere via Dropbox on the web (replace step 1 with syncing using Dropbox instructions for 1Password 4) to have read-only access to your 1Password data on your iPhone, although it can be extremely slow to unlock. There's no harm in giving that a try to see if it would work for you. :)

If you have other questions about this or anything else please don't hesitate to ask; we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.