How to pay

Options
kirkjeffrey
kirkjeffrey
Community Member

My wife and I both downloaded 1Password 4 for Mac at the AgileBits website. We were not asked to make a payment. We installed the program on our computers and entered a lot of username/password data. Isn't there a purchase fee and what will happen if we haven't paid it?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @kirkjeffrey,

Thanks for trying out 1Password 4 on your Macs! Since you and your wife have both already entered data it would be convenient to purchase a 1Password 4 for Mac family license directly from our Agile Online Store, which is currently on sale for 30 percent off. After receiving your license you can simply add it to each copy of 1Password, without downloading and installing the software again, and all of your 1Password data is retained.

The AgileBits Software Licenses page describes the 30 day trial period that you're currently using 1Password with:

The application downloaded from our website will remain fully functional for the first 30 days after you install it. After this initial trial period, you will need to purchase a license to continue using without restrictions.

Your 1Password database will be restricted to 20 modifiable items when running without a license after the 30 day trial expiration. If you've created more than 20 items during the trial then all of them will still be readable, but you won't be able to make changes unless removing enough to be within the 20 modifiable items limit. Or, simply purchase and add a license to regain full access. :)

I hope that's helpful. Please let us know if you have more questions about this or anything else and we'll be happy to answer them.

This discussion has been closed.