PNC Bank Log In Not Working

Options
BruceGoodman
BruceGoodman
Community Member

When I try to log in to PNC using 1PW, the log in stops at the page with my correct password entered. But PNC pops up a message that
"The User ID that you entered is not valid." In fact, it is valid and I can get to the site if I ignore the message and enter my password.

But, of course, that means that 1PW won't work for the site.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BruceGoodman,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this Login right now. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• crichtonwg
    crichtonwg
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Megan, I have been trying to log into PNC with 1PW, and I cannot. I also cannot logon with any of your competitors' products (Lastpass, Dashlane and the venerable msecure) either. The problem seems to be the multiple screen logon function interrupted by the site's display of a security image. I have tried several of the bank's website addresses with no successes. In one case, I can paste neither the userid nor the password, which seems very odd (but I think that's a property of the field itself set by the website). In the other case, the userid will appear properly (with a slight nudge from the 1PW key), but after I press the SignOn key (that's the only way to navigate the website), everything just stops ... I can manually enter a password, but there seems to be no way I can paste one.

Please solve this problem for me. I am tired of looking for alternative products (I actually prefer yours), and all I want to do is log into PNC's damned website.

I am getting paranoid about password hacks, and my goal is to set up strong passwords for all my essential products. This I am unable to do because 1PW won't seem to pass that password through to the website.

Please solve this problem for me (and, us, the others who have posted here).

Thank you,

Willard

• Hi @crichtonwg‌,

If PNC is anything like one of my banks that has a split login with a security image in between, they are using different addresses for the username and password pages.

So, try @megan's steps to save the username page, and save the title as PNC: Username. Then, on the password page, do the steps again to make a second login, and name it as PNC: Password.

Then use each login item on its respective page. Let me know if that works.

• crichtonwg
    crichtonwg
    Community Member
    Options

This was a good idea, but, alas, didn't work either. The combination of the two entities in 1PW worked as you described for the useriname, which was properly inserted and that page processed. The password page, however, simply displayed and no action was taken, and I tried every combination of field highlighting, "hot key" depression and a number of carefully chosen four-letter words shared with passersby, all to no avail.

I also noticed that there was a second website address available in the entry in 1PW, and I tried that as well. Nothing.

Perhaps this just doesn't work on an iPad. Perhaps I neglected to mention that I am doing all of this on IOS. I suppose that may be a contributor, but I would have thought the developers would have considered this regardless of platform.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

• Ah, iOS does make quite a difference. While the fill engines are largely the same on both iOS and Mac, there are a few limitations with iOS itself that hinders our filling ability on some difficult sites.

Do you have a Mac available to try the previous steps on?

• crichtonwg
    crichtonwg
    Community Member
    Options

No, no Mac yet. I have (gak!) Windows but I shall abandon that for a Mac soon. Permit me to concede that this probably works like a champ on Mac ... but, that does not help me for now. If anyone in the hailing distance of a Federation starship has found an answer to tius, I would greatly appreciate a nudge in the right
    direction.

• crichtonwg
    crichtonwg
    Community Member
    Options

"this"

• Ah, we can use Windows, too! Sorry, I often assume a lot of folks have Macs. It comes from years of us being primarily Mac.

Please download the free trial for Windows, and install it and sync with with your iPhone data (either using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync). Make sure to install the browser extension from the main 1Password for Windows app using Preferences > Browsers.

Then go to the site and do a manual save using the browser extension.

Sync the new login back to iOS, and it should work there now. (Dropbox will sync it automatically. Wi-Fi sync you will have to initiate a sync.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@crichtonwg‌, my wife and I both have working PNC Logins. They work on Mac, Windows, and iOS. If you're still having trouble, please let me know. I'm sure we can get things working for you. Did you try the steps @chrisdj mentioned? :)

• TomPA
    TomPA
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this same problem with PNC. Using the windows version of the program I manually made separate logins for user ID and for password. The User ID login worked, but when I tried the password login I get an error message saying that the password isn't valid. Help since I want this to work with PNC

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TomPA,

Had you used @chrisdj's suggestion for creating your PNG Login items in 1Password for Windows? And are you having getting an invalid password item when using the password item on Windows and/or Mac? Since you've posted in the 1Password for Mac forum we want to make sure we're helping you troubleshoot with the right version(s). :)

This discussion has been closed.