Just downloaded and nothing happens

Options
neilbradley
neilbradley
Community Member

Hi,
I have just downloaded 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store (latest version) and I'm also running OSX Mavericks 10.9.4.

The app opens, in as much that the icon appears in the dock but the app window doesn't appear. I have restarted my mac and the app but still nothing.

Can you tell me how to fix this so I can gain access to my passwords again?

Neil

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I would be tempted to trash the app, re-download and try again. But tell us what you were running before (a previous version of 1P4 or 1P3) and whether your passwords were synchronised with another device (and, if so, how). That will help people to help you.

Stephen

• neilbradley
    neilbradley
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Stephen, it's a clean install on a new mac. I downloaded the app read to import my data from another mac but couldn't even get a window to open.

Just trashed the whole app and any preferences. Re-downloaded, opened the app and clicked "Awesome let's Get Started" button. The window disappeared. I seem to recall here from earlier versions it should ask me to set a master password.

I can then click Window -> 1Password, but it asks for the master password that I haven't been given the option to set yet.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the part of the user guide about the first time you run 1P4. Does that help at all? If you're being asked for a master password it certainly thinks you've set one. If you think you haven't please read the knowledge base article on starting over because I rather suspect you might not fully have disposed of the previous copy and that will allow you to start from scratch again.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.