Options

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

@jmls‌

if the integration does work for the browsers, is there a step-by-step guide to make this work ?

1) Install it in Wine as you do with any program.
    2) Then install the extension manually from https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    3) Restart the 1Password Helper using the option on the Help menu.
    4) Optionally, add the 1Password Helper (Agile1PHelper.exe). The command I use in the startup entry is:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/user/.wine" wine "/home/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/1Password 4/Agile1pAgent.exe"

• Zauberfisch
    Zauberfisch
    Community Member
    Options

I also had to disable "VerifyCodeSignature" as posted by @JasperP earlier in this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/104822#Comment_104822

It is also worth mentioning that @RichardPayne‌ already wrote how to configure auto start for the 1Password Helper (also ealer in this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/136771/#Comment_136771)

Following the steps richard posted above and those 2 I just mentioned, I have 1Password and browser extensions working. As pointed out earlier, there are some bugs / glitches / missing features, but it is at least usable.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I knew I'd explained it somewhere. Thanks @Zauberfisch‌ for covering for me being lazy. ;)

• +1 for a native Linux version (official support only for Ubuntu would be enough, I'd say).

I've been using an alternative solution on my Ubuntu box, based off git (http://www.passwordstore.org), it works well, I don't currently have the time to build a frontend for it that would work across Mac/Windows/Ubuntu, and I'm already way too spolied by 1Password on my mac ;)

• Quinton
    Quinton
    Community Member
    Options

1Password has been really helpful. I use linux and mac at work and at home almost equally. I think there are a lot of software engineers and programmers who use linux frequently. I really hope for a linux version soon.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for adding your much-appreciated voices to the chorus of 1Password for Linux champions! I'll make sure the team knows the volume is rising in this thread. :D

• Milton Bliss
    Milton Bliss
    Community Member
    Options

Please create a Linux version soon. I keep my Mac just for 1Password. I suppose a fear of developers is that Linux is free so the users expect the apps to be free. Please don't be fearful. We use Linux because it is stable and less costly than Mac. I happily paid Qoppa for PDF Studio 9 for my Linux machines. I'd pay for 1Password in a moment if it were available. Most of my professional life involves logging into remote devices, 1Password makes that VERY fast and smooth.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There are a lot of folks out there who love supporting quality software. (We know it firsthand.) We'll definitely take your own support into account. Thanks, Milton!

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

Might this help?

• +1 for a Linux Version

is the only missing architecture once it is supported I can use my 1Password in Android, Windows, MAc and Linux Natively

• clebio
    clebio
    Community Member
    Options

Lack of linux support is the reason I have not upgraded my 1Password subscription. If Agilebits won't develop a linux-native application, I'll leave for another product. Valve managed to port Steam to linux... I think a Qt wrapper to a web app shouldn't be too hard.

Besides, I'm not fond of LastPass, but at least their android app provides a OS-level integration that works with other Android apps.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for all your feedback on this, @clebio! For whatever it's worth, @lvcargnini‌, 1Password is not a subscription service. There are no ongoing monthly or yearly fees.

We're always working to improve 1Password on all platforms. We have a lot of great things planned for the recently released 1Password 4 for Android, and I'll add your vote for a Linux version as well.

If 1Password doesn't meet your specific needs at this time, then we will keep working hard in the hopes that one day it will. Please keep the feedback coming. It is extremely helpful. :)

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

my vote for a Linux version (ubuntu)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Added. Thanks, m w!

• frick
    frick
    Community Member
    Options

Another +1 for a native Linux client. This might also serve us nicely as a shared password manager at work. Most devs are on Mac and already use it, but there are many Linux users on the dev and backend teams.

• fmjansen
    fmjansen
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for native Linux client! :)

• sir_pinecone
    sir_pinecone
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Linux support!!

• Thanks for the votes, folks!

• fatso83
    fatso83
    Community Member
    Options

While a linux client would be great, I just have to say that the fact there is a way to actually get working Chromium plug-in integration is fantastic, and well beyond what I would expect before googling for this earlier this evening. So +1 to the client, but actually having a semi-official tip-page pointing from the front-page would be a good step in enlighting existing users that there is a way - although unsupported :)

• hermansantos
    hermansantos
    Community Member
    Options

My vote for a Linux version too. Ubuntu please!

• bitpanic
    bitpanic
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for native Linux client!

• anderslundstedt
    anderslundstedt
    Community Member
    Options

Voting for a Linux version. Would definitiely buy a license for one.

• XBN096
    XBN096
    Community Member
    Options

One more vote for the Linux version!!! (rpm openSUSE)

• Thanks for the feedback, guys! I've added your votes. :)

• Thanks for all the feedback! I've added your votes. :)

• gnufied
    gnufied
    Community Member
    Options

Just adding my 2 cents to it. I have already been using 1Password on OSX and Android. Linux support would be awesome.

• __Stefan
    __Stefan
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for a native linux client

• yonkiman
    yonkiman
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for 1Password for Linux!

• Charlie Russ
    Charlie Russ
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Linux client! I'm switching from OSX to linux and 1Password is the only app that I'm really going to miss!

• adamduren
    adamduren
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for linux client!

This discussion has been closed.