Command+\ shortcuts autofills AND opens 1Password Mini

Options
blicksky
blicksky
Community Member

In the last few weeks, I've noticed that if I navigate manually to a webpage where I have a login stored, put my cursor in the username field, and then press Command+\, the login information is autofilled AND 1Password Mini opens. This happens even when my vault is already unlocked. I understand that it should open when the vault is locked, because I need to enter my master password, but when it is unlocked, it is just a nuisance, and I have to click elsewhere in order to hide it. This didn't happen for the first month or so that I had 1Password set up.

Comments

• Hi @blicksky‌,

Hm, that's an odd one. I can't say I have had that issue. The shortcut should only cause 1Password mini to appear if the Master Password needs to be entered, or if there is more than one match for the uRL, meaning you need to select one to use.

• Which version of OS X are you using?
    • Which version of 1Password (main app) (also, Mac App Store or from us directly)?
    • Which browser and version?
    • Which version of the 1Password extension?

Those stats will give me a better idea of what to do.

• blicksky
    blicksky
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options
    • OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)
    • 1Password 4
      Version 4.4.1 (441008)
      Agile Web Store

• Google Chrome version 37.0.2062.120

• 1Password extension version 4.2.4.90
  • jaredsampson
    jaredsampson
    Community Member
    Options

I've also been experiencing this same issue, and it's been happening for a few months. It seems only to occur when using Chrome; up-to-date Safari, Firefox, and Opera appear to function normally, only opening the 1p Mini when I have to enter my master password or choose between several logins for the same site. The errant behavior in Chrome is consistent across all 3 of the machines I use--Early 2009 and Late 2009 iMacs, and Late 2010 MacBook Air.

My configuration (for the Late 2009 iMac, which I'm using at the moment):

• OS X 10.9.4 (Build 13E28)
    • 1Password 4, Version 4.4.1 (441008) from Agile Web Store
    • Chrome 37.0.2062.120
    • 1Password 4 Chrome extension 4.2.4.90

Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers,
    Jared

• blicksky
    blicksky
    Community Member
    Options

I also confirmed that my configured keyboard shortcuts are not set up to make this happen, and that I'm not accidentally pressing option while pressing command+\.

• Out of curiosity, do you both have multiple profiles open and active at once in Chrome?

• blicksky
    blicksky
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I do. I have a Personal and Work Chrome profile, and corresponding Personal and Work vaults in 1Password. I was thinking about posting a feature request elsewhere for the 1Password browser extension to allow associating these somehow so it could look in the appropriate vault based on which profile I'm using.

• That's the problem. While 1Password does support multiple profiles in Chrome, having more than one currently open and active throws off a number of commands in 1Password. If you close down the other profile not in use, 1Password should straighten out.

• blicksky
    blicksky
    Community Member
    Options

That's unfortunate. My work often requires me to have multiple Chrome profiles open simultaneously. Perhaps it's worth talking further about the potential feature I mentioned. If 1Password was able to associate a Chrome profile with a vault, then it would be able to pre-select the appropriate vault when you press Command+\, and perhaps it would be able to make better decisions about whether or not it is already open. This would mean either setting a default vault in the 1Password Chrome extension settings, or setting a Google account Id in the 1Password app to associate with a vault. Would something like this be possible?

• jaredsampson
    jaredsampson
    Community Member
    Options

I have multiple profiles, but still experience this behavior even when only one profile is in use. Is there any plan to update those 1Password commands to keep them from getting thrown off?

• chrisdj
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @blicksky‌,

Honestly, I'm not sure if your idea is feasible from a technical standpoint. But I can give it to the developers to investigate.

Hi @jaredsampson‌,

Yes, this is on the list to dig into for a fix. It honestly shouldn't be happening with only one active profile. Not saying it isn't happening, just that it shouldn't be. We do want to get this to work correctly. It's a difficult issue to solve.

ref: OPM-2185

This discussion has been closed.