What happened to iTunes sync [Renamed to Backup/Restore in 1P5] and Wi-Fi sync doesn't work.

Options
zxspectrum
zxspectrum
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

Hi,

What happened to "1Password.agilekeychain"? I'd like to sync via iTunes but i cant locate the file. Also, Wi-Fi sync doesn't work anymore (iPhone 5s/ iOS8 / OSX 10.9.5)

Awaiting your reply.
Thanks!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Sync via iTunes using the agilekeychain has not worked for a number of months now and, so far as I'm aware, will not be brought back.

Have you updated to 1P5 for iOS on your phone? If so, what exactly do you mean when you say:

Wi-Fi sync doesn't work anymore

What happens when you try, where does it fail and with what error message (if any)?

Stephen

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

@zxspectrum, we changed the iTunes manual process to be Backup and Restore inside 1Password 5 for iOS. We only recommend using iTunes to manually back up your data and restoring from it instead.

As Stephen requested, what is the issue you're having with the Wi-Fi sync?

• duelist77
    duelist77
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

I think @zxspectrum and others in the forum, as well as I, would be interested if backup/restore can be used to restore a Mac 1Password backup to iOS 1Password. It seems to be close enough substitute to what @zxspectrum is looking for (copying the Mac 1Password database to iOS, overwriting the iOS 1Password database). Also, seeing in the forums so many threads about users avoiding cloud syncing, and wi-fi sync still not working that well and still not fully functional (e.g., still no syncing multiple vaults through wi-fi), we need a local, non-wireless "sync" solution like going through itunes over USB cable, even if only as a failsafe way to get the Mac 1password database onto the iOS device.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @duelist77,

I've responded to your questions about restoring backups created with 1Password on your Mac to 1Password for iOS in the other topic where you asked about this. As mentioned there, it will be possible once next 1Password update for iOS is released.

This discussion has been closed.