Trash will not empty

Options
AMCarter3
AMCarter3
Community Member

When I attempt to empty my 1P trash, I get an error sound and it does not empty. I tried using the menubar command and right clicking the Trash item in the left panel. Can you help with this?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What is the version number of 1P4 that you are using and what is your OS X version number, please?

Stephen

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Ver. 4.4.1 (441008)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I see this frequently, on 1Password 4 Version 4.4.2.BETA-4 (442004), since I routinely import cards, and then delete them for testing purposes, I work out the trash well.

I've noticed two things:

1. After deleting many items, 1P4 can be slow to catch-up, but there's no obvious indication in the UI that 1P4 is working (on something) in the background. It would be nice if the actual item counts in the sidebar updated as items were being moved to the trash. Heck, it would be nice if the sidebar counts were accurate for that matter! :-)

2. The trash can get in a wedged state, where it seems to be locked. The only way I've found to get it to pay attention is to quit 1P4 and mini, and re-launch. I haven't waited more than about 30 seconds before I become impatient and do this.

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting. The trash would not empty until I turned the pref for the mini OFF and quit 1P. Then the trash was suddenly empty.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad that did the trick for you, @AMCarter3! We'll keep an eye on this and see if we can track down the issue so it doesn't happen. There is a quick shortcut for quitting both mini and the main app, though, if you ever need to do it again. It doesn't require toggling that setting. Just use Control-Command-Q to quit 1Password (rather than just Command-Q) or hold down the Control key while selecting Quit 1Password from the menu bar.

If you have the problem again, it might be helpful to generate a Diagnostics Report before you quit 1Password and mini to see if mini (or the main app) is in a strange state we can suss out:

https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

This discussion has been closed.