Birthdates off by one day in 1Password 5. [Fixed in Version 5.3]

Options
clockworks
clockworks
Community Member
edited June 2015 in iOS

I've set up an Identity in the desktop version of 1Password with my birthdate in it. No matter what i enter in the desktop version, 1Password 5 for iOS 8 displays the wrong birthdate. It is always synced -1 day. For example, lets say my birthdate in the desktop app is 10.10.1970. 1Password 5 for iOS shows the birthdate as: 09.10.1970. I have tried different dates and its always the same. i sync using dropbox.

Also: after correcting the birthdate in the iOS app and clicking "done", the birthdate goes back to the wrong number. The change is ignored.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clockworks‌

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention - that is a bit odd. Could you tell me, is the date and time on your desktop and your iOS device set to the same date and time-zone? We've seen a similar issue before, but it is marked as resolved in our internal tracker.

Please let me know the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices currently running 1Password. This will help us track the issue down.

Thanks for your help! :)

• clockworks
    clockworks
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yes, all devices are in the same timezone. The date and time are the same on all devices.
    Here are the Version Numbers:

OS X: 10.9.5
    1Password for Mac: 4.4.1 (441008)
    1Password for iOS: 5.0
    iOS: 8.0 (12A365)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Just in case it's relevant, what are your language and regional settings (Settings > Language & Region on OS X and Settings > General > Language & Region on iOS)? It probably has nothing to do with the problem but I have a (very vague) recollection of someone having a similar problem and this (possibly) having something to do with it. Apologies if I'm completely wrong!

Stephen

• clockworks
    clockworks
    Community Member
    Options

The region and language settings on OS X and iOS are identical.

• clockworks
    clockworks
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clockworks,

Thanks so much for following up with those details. I'm unable to recreate the issue here: both new Identities that I create, and existing ones have the birthdate synced across correctly. What happens if you create a new Identity with the same details - does it behave properly?

I really appreciate your patience as we work to track this down!

• clockworks
    clockworks
    Community Member
    Options

I have now created a new Identity in the desktop version of 1Password. The problem remains the same. After syncing the date in the iOS version is displayed -1 day. Another thing: no matter what i enter as a date in the iOS version of 1Password, after clicking "done" 1Password immediately subtracts one day. For example: i enter 1.11.1980 and after clicking "done" it is displayed as 31.10.1980. After syncing the desktop version displays the correct date.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clockworks‌

I really appreciate you testing that for me. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

—iOS—
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• clockworks
    clockworks
    Community Member
    Options

i have created both reports and i sent them to the address you specified. I included a link to this thread, but forgot to include my forum handle. I hope you can help me anyway.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clockworks,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

• clockworks
    clockworks
    Community Member
    Options

i've sent you a PM with the e-mail address that i used.

• Sharon
    Sharon
    Community Member
    Options

Same here.
    Using 1Password 5.0.1 on iPhone/iPad iCloud drive. If I make a new entry on any device regardless of 1Password Desktop (Mac), I'm getting this weird -1 day on any date that has Days in it as soon as I'm done. Tried English/Hebrew as system language and still same result.

• Sharon
    Sharon
    Community Member
    Options

Using 1Password 5.0.1 on iPhone/iPad. If I make a new entry on any device regardless of 1Password Desktop (Mac), I'm getting this weird -1 day on any date that has Days in it as soon as I'm done. Tried English/Hebrew as system language and still same result.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

To try to prevent duplication of threads I'm just noting you've also posted about this here.

Stephen

• Ando
    Ando
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

I have the same problem. In all entries on iOS devices (all iOS 8 and 1Password 5.0.1, Dropbox sync) all dates are -1 day. In 1Password for Mac and Android they are correct. (All those dates are purchase dates in software license items, in case that matters.)

• Sharon
    Sharon
    Community Member
    Options

Also birthdays.
    Better -1 than +1. At least I'm going to call one day before and not one day after... I love 1Password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sharon and @Ando,

Please check the following for me:

• The date and time on your desktop and your iOS device: these should be set to the same date and time-zone
    • Your language and regional settings (Settings > Language & Region on OS X and Settings > General > Language & Region on iOS) again, please make sure these are the same.

If both of those check out, please follow my directions in post #9 above to send in a Diagnostics Report from each of your devices so that our developers can try to track this issue down!

(and Sharon, thanks so much for your kind words - we'll try to make sure you call on the correct day!)

• brino58
    brino58
    Community Member
    Options

This also happens to me. My birthday is 7/5/87 but it always shows as 7/4/87 after saving.
    Hopefully you can find a fix soon! :)

-Brian

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Brian ( @brino58 ),

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing this as well ... thanks for your patience as we search for a solution!

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

(comment edited by Admin at user's request)

Are these issues related?

"Birthdates are not displaying correctly":
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28883

"Version 5.0.1 released today won't save edits to existing items":
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28783

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed the birthday date issue shortly after updating to iOS 8 and version 5 of 1Password. I had previously noted in earlier versions that this happened when I changed time zones. Because I had indeed recently shifted my time zone two zones to the west, I thoguht this might be the same bug I'd reported before.

However, I edited my records to enter the correct dates once more. Now, when I manually change time zones, the dates don't chage like they did before. They appear to be stable, for me at least. I had assumed that the date shift issue had been fixed. I wonder if anyone reporting in this thread has also corrected their dates, and whether they then see them remain stable like they should.

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

(Comment edited by Admin at user's request)

I live in the UK. We have one timezone, so this doesn't apply to me.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Calm down. If it didn't help you, perhaps it will help someone else. I'm finished here, though.

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    Options

Bump.

• Alan Laurie
    Alan Laurie
    Community Member
    Options

Just joined on Ios8, dob is one day out and won't accept any edit.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

A work around for not being able to edit records is to place the cursor in the title field before you tap Done. It will then save your edits. I think I have found that it is sometimes useful to insert a characters into the title and then delete it before tapping Done.

Once I edited my birth dates and issue and expiry dates in various records, they no longer revert to being one day early. So far.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Alan Laurie and @svkrzn‌

I apologize for the trouble here! This is a known issue that our developers are already working to track down. We'll do our best to get this sorted out as possible ... and we'll be sure to update the thread here to let you know when it's all better. :)

Thanks so much for your patience!

ref: OPI-1314

EDIT: Can any of you seeing this issue confirm what sync solution you are using? In our testing, it seems to be related to Wi-Fi sync.

• Ando
    Ando
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Regarding your sync questions, I'm syncing via Dropbox.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I sync by Dropbox too, and in my case, and my the dates in my password and driver lincenses categories were all one day early. So for me, it wasn't a wifi sync issue.

I edited the incorrect dates to make them right, and they have been fine since. I thought I'd mention that, in case this is an immediate problem for someone who can't wait for a software update.

(I am hoping the fix doesn't undo my edits! I've griped about this issue before, when it was related to shifts from one time zone to another. I'll say once more that these fields shouldn't depend on anything in system settings. They are hard data, and should not be subject to change for any reason, unless a user edits them.)

This discussion has been closed.