Birthdates off by one day in 1Password 5. [Fixed in Version 5.3]

Options

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ando and @hawkmoth,

Thanks for following up here - I'll be sure to let our developers know this bug is not necessarily Wi-Fi specific. (And I'll add your thoughts about the dates as well, hawkmoth! :) )

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @svkrzn‌

Thanks so much for clarifying that for me. I'll pass that along. :)

• htassinari
    htassinari
    Community Member
    Options

I have stored all my family's Passports into 1Password, but when I save the info for some reason it moves the date of birth data one day back than what I actually put it. For example, my date of birth is 10/29/71 and this is how I input it. But when I pull up my Passport information it displays my date of birth as 10/28/71. I edit the field to change it back to 29, hit "Done" and it shows up again as 28. Same with the rest of my family. Please help!

• littlebobbytables
    Options

You've sadly got caught by an existing bug which is being looked into. You may find your post ends up merged with that thread but either way, they are looking into it. Sorry it isn't better news.

• htassinari
    htassinari
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for letting me know. I hope they don't take too long. I am getting to like this app very much. Regards

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks to the link @littlebobbytables‌ helpfully provided I've merged your post @htassinari‌ into the existing thread about this problem.

Stephen

• VCarmona
    VCarmona
    Community Member
    Options

If you need more info, I am in the same case. Windows 8.1 Pro with 1Password for Windows 4.0.1.503 doing WiFi Sync with 1Pasword for iOS 5.0.1 in iPhone iOS 8.0.2. Same issue, all dates in iPhone with a day less than in Windows. Same locale and time zone (Spanish, UTC+1:00, Madrid, Paris) in both systems. I allways fill data in Windows and then sync with iPhone. If you need any more info please ask. Regards

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VCarmona,

Thanks so much - more information is always appreciated when attempting to track down a bug. I've passed those details along to our developers. :)

• clockworks
    clockworks
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everybody. I just wanted to let you know that 1Password 5.1 for iOS didn't fix the birthdate bug for me.

• Sharon
    Sharon
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Dates are fine on my Mac but I get the -1 day on iOS after wifi sync. I've also tried to delete and reinstall 1P on iOS but I still get the same result.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clockworks and @Sharon,

Thanks for checking in on us! This issue is still being investigated by our developers. We'll be sure to let you know just as soon as we get this one squashed. :)

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, this bug is iOS specific.

I had to check through my whole database and reconcile missing sync data on my Mac entries that refused to Dropbox sync from iOS to OSX! (Nearly all "website" address entries were missing entirely; which I found shocking for a highly sensitive data app to have managed to screw-up?!) Then I deleted all data from my second Mac by deleting the app, then clearing all Library caches on it too (fiddly, but has to be done to get an empty app), before reinstalling app and resyncing the Dropbox data again.

So now all data is probably finally corrected across all devices, EXCEPT on the iOS ones which have this date minus 1-day bug that is only sometimes wrong on some entries, which can never be made correct. (but who knows if any other data went missing at the same time the websites vanished...highly annoying!)

News on fix?

• premiere99
    premiere99
    Community Member
    Options

I originally posted this in the Windows beta forum but got no response but have realised with further testing it is an IOS bug not Windows.

I have the latest Windows Beta and added an identity, synced to dropbox and saw it appear on both iPad2 (IOS 8.0.2) and iPhone 6 (IOS 8.0.2), but when I check the birthdate entered on the Win Beta as 02/06/1955 I see in both IOS devices the date as 01/06/1955. If I change the date on the iPhone6 to 01/01/2000 it correctly updates all 3 so the I changed to 01/01/1900 and all update. Finally I change the Windows Beta back to 02/06/1955 and both IOS devices update to 01/06/1955

I made a Test Identity with a date of 02/xx/2000, for Jan, Feb, Mar, Nov and Dec it worked fine, for the other months a date of 02 gives 01, also 1 May 2000 gives 30 April, but 1 Nov gives 1 Nov (as Nov works ok). Tried 2003 as a year and same as 2000 above.

OS = Windows 7 64bit and IOS 8.0.2,1P for IOS = 5.1(501017), region UK

• wivaku
    wivaku
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue for me (reported to support@agilebits on Sept 20, but no response yet). Using iPhones (8.0.2 and 8.1 beta), iPad (8.0.2) and 1Password v5.1 on iOS and v4.4.3 on the desktop. Using iCloud to sync. Same timezone for desktop and mobile devices. Applies to all dates (e.g. for passports: DOB, issued on, expiry date). Date is entered as e.g. Nov 5 on mobile, saved as Nov 4 on mobile, but shows up on desktop as Nov 5.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I decided to post even if it is indirectly relevant. I had the same issue with the Endomondo App 2 years ago on iOS 6. Every time I entered a date in December, it would be 1 day off. Any other day, month and year entered resulted in the correct date being entered. It was fine when I entered the date inside Firefox or another web browser.

The problem has since been solved in the app.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the continued feedback, folks. Our developers are looking into this issue.

ref: OPI-1314

• The_caveman
    The_caveman
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi,
    I have seen a few "date is off by one day" posts here, some dating back to 2013, but apparently it is still not fixed yet in 1Password 5.1 on iOS 8.0.2!!!

I entered my new passports info and my date of birth and the issued on date are wrong. Only the expiry date is correct.
    So, all days in the past are wrong, but future is ok? I also found some speculation about changing timezones, but really, a date is a date and I don't like my dates to change without my explicit manual edits!

I also tried entering "xx oct 2014", but that reverts to xx-1/10/14. WHY?? Please make this a text box instead of a formatted date box... That would solve all the problems...

Entering this info on the mac is also not possible, since I have icloud set up, but that is not working until I switch to Yosemite (I realise this is not your fault!).

And yes, I'm pretty upset about this!

• The_caveman
    The_caveman
    Community Member
    Options

More info:

I tried to enter the correct data via the mac app and that seemed to work (on the mac!). Then I tried wifi sync and the dates are wrong again on the iOS version...
    I uploaded a picture of my passport in the mac version and tried to get that onto my phone, but apparently, wifi sync doesn't work for attachments. Great! Another "known issue"...

Any advise on how to get the correct info + a picture of the passport onto my phone? I don't use dropbox...

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @The_caveman‌

Thanks for reporting your difficulties with the app. I'm sorry for the trouble. I've merged your thread with another on the same topic.

Thanks.

• peterpedal
    peterpedal
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1. iOS 1pass v5,1
    2. Create a Drivers License identity with birthdate on OS X 1Password 5 Version 5.0.BETA-2 (500009)
    3. Sync to iOS
    4. Birthdate Date on iOS is magically -1 day. 23 vs 24 on OSX.
  • hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The developers know about this bug and have said they are working on a fix.

I changed the dates on iOS to correct this error, and I've had no more troubles with my existing records. The dates in my password and driver license records remain correct and they agree between iOS and OS X. That's a rom around, though, not a fix.

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    Options

News?

• FlorianD
    FlorianD
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hey guys, I just wanted to pile on and say this is still an ongoing issue many of us are affected by.
    It does not seem to be iOS - Mac sync specifically

I got 2 macs, 1PW 5.0.1 on both, sync via Dropbox

• Mac A shows my birthday correctly
    • Mac B shows my birthday off by -1 day

I change my birthday to the correct date on Mac B

• Mac A now shows my birthday off by -1 day

And the other way around...

This is also particularly annoying because this also impacts passports. For those of us traveling internationally, we need to double/triple check passport delivery/expiry dates as auto-filled by 1PW on online checkin.

• VCarmona
    VCarmona
    Community Member
    Options

Update: 1Password for Windows (Windows 8.1 Pro) 4.1.0.526 Wi-Fi sync with 1Password for iOS (iOS 8.1) 5.1 (501017) still show -1 day issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for keeping us on our toes here. We know that this issue is important, and our developers are working on it as we speak. (The issue in our internal tracker has an 'In Progress' flag - which is a very good sign!)

Your patience as we work to squash this nasty bug are much appreciated!

• brino58
    brino58
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys! All you have to do, in the meantime, is add your birthday +1 day and it will show correctly when you click "Done"!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @brino58‌

Unfortunately if you do that when we release a fix you'll be back to being off by one, I imagine.

• brino58
    brino58
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @bwoodruff‌

Yes, of course. I was only giving a temporary fix until you release the update.

• Ben
    Options

Yep, very good, just wanted to make you you and other folks reading were aware. :)

This discussion has been closed.