A mildly irritating user interface - Credit Cards, etc.

Options
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I've started adding Credit Cards and other items to 1P4 (v4.4.1) and now find I need to go back and check each field in each item...

During data entry, the various entry areas [phone number] are labelled with "actual" text, but this text is not just in background and is not erased when your cursor enters the field. Even double clicking does not select all of the "actual" text of the field label. For example: double clicking in the [phone number] field selects only the word "phone" ... and deleting the selected text leaves " number" still in the field

So unless you are really paying attention, your datum can end up actually being "phone555/555-5555 number"

A second irritating issue is that the fields do not display all of the data entered. For example a phone number displays as "555/55" and it's necessary to go into Edit in order to view the entire phone number. (I may have to later on say "Nevermind" because some of my fields may also be contaminated with the "actual" text discussed above. )

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter,

I'm not quite sure I understand where things are getting tangled up for you here. Are you referring to the default title fields that 1Password has in place? I'm including an example image below:

Please note that the tab key will take you between these fields, so instead of trying to double-click, you can simply tab from the 'title' field to the 'data' field where you can enter your data. There should be no place-holder text in the data fields.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    Options

Oooops. I don't know if I should feel silly, or miffed !
    I did not even notice the (invisible) data-fields off to the right of the label-fields

So all of my "data" has been entered into the field labels, and all I have to do now is go back and transfer the "label" into the data field.

So, my mistake and ... Nevermind ! :>)

(Once again, Megan. Thanks for your help )

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter,

I'm so glad it was something simple like this ... otherwise I was a bit baffled as to where you were getting those fields! ;)

I hope you're able to get everything sorted out easily enough. Of course, if you have any further questions, you know where to find us.

ref: OPM-1167

This discussion has been closed.