1Password use with Multiple Users/Multiple Devices

Options
KristopherSteel
KristopherSteel
Community Member

I am looking for some information/advice on setting up 1Password for use in a help desk environment. There will be 6-8 users accessing the vault. What would be the best way to set this up? Is it even possible? I use 1Password for personal use and love it. I couldn't live without it and want to implement it in our work environment and having the ability to keep work and personal separate is a huge plus. I will be doing this from the ground up so I am hoping it will be relatively simple?

I created a DropBox account for our help desk. I am not using my own personal dropbox. I assume I would create a new, secondary vault and sync it to the new dropbox account? Is there anything I need to watch out for or keep an eye on?

Comments

• KristopherSteel
    KristopherSteel
    Community Member
    Options

This is not going so well.

Created a new Drop Box account - Shared the password folder to my email. Linked it to my own drop box account. Went into 1Password 5 on my iOS 8 - iPhone 6 device - added another vault, after signing into my drop box account, it found 2. My previous 1password and newpassword vaults. I selected the newpassword (the shared one) and it gives me a drop box 404 error. Every time. If I select my old 1password vault, it asks me for the password for it so it's something with the share?

I tried deleting the drop box app and signing into the newly created drop box account inside 1 password and it worked but when I selected the vault, it gave me an error about cloud sync and it turned it off.

I didn't realize it would be this hard to set this up. :(

Any help??

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @KristopherSteel‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. What you're suggesting is possible, and it should really be easy to set up. There are instructions in our User Guide on how to share a non-primary vault that should walk you through the process. Please note that you want to be sure to share a folder between the two Dropbox accounts, not the .agilekeychain file itself. That complicates things.

Now, let's see what's going on with your iOS devices.

I selected the newpassword (the shared one) and it gives me a drop box 404 error. Every time.

The 404 error indicates that something is wrong on Dropbox's end. It usually resolves itself shortly unless Dropbox is experiencing and extended outage.

I tried deleting the drop box app and signing into the newly created drop box account inside 1 password and it worked but when I selected the vault, it gave me an error about cloud sync and it turned it off.

I'm not quite sure I understand what happened here. Could you tell me a bit more about the steps that you took, or the exact text of the cloud-sync error message?

Here's the process of adding secondary vaults to 1Password 5 for iOS:

• Tap on 'Vaults'
    • Tap on 'Add Vault'
    • Select Dropbox as your sync source
    • Tap on your Dropbox account details (usually there will only be one option here, unless you have Dropbox for Business, in which case you may have multiple Dropbox accounts connected on your device)
    • Select the .agilekeychain you wish to add

I hope this helps, but if you're still having trouble, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.