Error updating 1Password for Mac from v4.4.2 to v4.4.3 (failed to extract application archive)

Options
DEitner
DEitner
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I just upgraded 1Password 4 for Mac to 4.4.2 this morning. Now getting update notice for 4.4.3, however after downloading the update from within 1Password, I get this error message: "Failed to extract application archive"

Update from AgileBits: The solution can be found at the end of this discussion, in post #68.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just tried downloading a copy direct from AgileBits' website and it downloaded and extracted okay. You could do that and simply replace 1Password in your Applications folder with that copy (making sure to quit both 1Password and 1Password Mini before doing so - keyboard shortcut is ⌃⌘Q). I can't give you an explanation as to why it isn't working for you though.

• Frank1234
    Frank1234
    Community Member
    Options

got the same problem

• Frank1234
    Frank1234
    Community Member
    Options

Bought for a lot of money and now go this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hetchins52
    Hetchins52
    Community Member
    Options

Had the same problem but a download from the website opened up and offered to replace the one in my applications folder. It is now v4.4.3 and working fine. Did an entry update and tested synching to my iPhone.

• 1PasswordDependent
    1PasswordDependent
    Community Member
    Options

I've got the same problem - what is the status of the fix?

• agilebitsuser333
    agilebitsuser333
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue on our iMac (OS X 10.8.5 ).

• curling
    curling
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here running Safari 7.1 on 10.9.5

• Peter Horban
    Peter Horban
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, have this problem, and am running Safari 7.1 on OS X 10.9.5.

• PTH
    PTH
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto here. I upgraded 1Password to 4.4.2 this morning. This afternoon I received an update notice for 4.4.3. However, whenever I attempt to download the update for 4.4.3 I get the error message, "Failed to extract application archive".

• cyborgsam
    cyborgsam
    Community Member
    Options

Me too, Mavericks 10.9.5.

• Chris Rand
    Chris Rand
    Community Member
    Options

And me. Mavericks 10.9.5. I think they must have posted a bad install file.

• sgginc
    sgginc
    Community Member
    Options

This update process has always been without issues.
    Not this time!

• luvMykats
    luvMykats
    Community Member
    Options

ditto. Mavericks 10.9.5

• olsonja
    olsonja
    Community Member
    Options

Same error, 6AM, 7 October 2014, running Mac 10.9.5 - if you AgileBits folks are keeping track. Updating from 4.4.2.

• FullScore
    FullScore
    Community Member
    Options

Same error. And now my 4.4.2 version is trashed as well, and I have no backup, so have lost use of 1Password.
    AgileBits need to respond QUICKLY.

• spiketrain
    spiketrain
    Community Member
    Options

Yup - no action for me - Mavericks etc etc

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

To everybody that has posted, what happens if you simply download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 direct from their site? I'm assuming this issue is localised to non MAS users.

• breatleb
    breatleb
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, but was able to download a fresh copy, delete the old one and it worked.

• kcray
    kcray
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Same problem, haven't had a time to try a fresh copy yet

Update: Fresh copy from 1Password website works, but still this is a pain. I've already started getting calls from clients and family members on this issue.

• Frank1234
    Frank1234
    Community Member
    Options

No response from agile, what a shame. Sent email to support no answer.

• ted46
    ted46
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, this is obviously a defective update. MBPro, OSX 10.9.5 , 1Password 4.4.2 when attempting to update the "archive fails".
    I'm confident once the programmers figure this out they will fix this. This program is a great program and it's very useful.

• pauldavidthomas
    pauldavidthomas
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem.

• Dumpster
    Dumpster
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing happened to me... I downloaded a fresh copy from the website, unzipped it and opened the new app (4.4.3), closed it and then opened it again in Safari... it seems to've installed itself. I clicked on "about" and it's showing the new version. Everything seems to be working fine. You might want to do a backup before and after installing 4.4.3.

• FullScore
    FullScore
    Community Member
    Options

Downloading a new, clean app (4.4.3) from the agile site doesn't fix it. Same error message about the file being damaged.

• chadhs
    chadhs
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem, yet I was able to use 4.4.2 just fine to login to this forum by pressing ⌘/ — I think I'm going to live; they'll fix it guys. ;-)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I'm receiving notifications to update to 4.4.3 on my mac (license purchased from you, not via App Store, but each time I try to update it says extraction failed. Just wait for another version?

• ptklenk
    ptklenk
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I received exactly the same error repeatedly. However, I used the MacUpdate (subscription) application and 1Password updated from v4.4.2 to v4.4.3 perfectly. Seems this problem is extensive, so I'll wager it's origin is AgileBits. Like others, I am running Mavericks.

• jimedc
    jimedc
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto! Failed to extract archive - multiple tries.

• Polimon
    Polimon
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. The update is offered, it downloads but repeatedly fails to extract.

• hughjaas
    hughjaas
    Community Member
    Options

same problem.

This discussion has been closed.