Error updating 1Password for Mac from v4.4.2 to v4.4.3 (failed to extract application archive)

Options
13»

Comments

• ralphdaily
    ralphdaily
    Community Member
    Options

The 1PW Yosemite beta update gives the same failed to extract error in Yosemite 14A379a released today.

• eleethesontai
    eleethesontai
    Community Member
    Options

Same here Yosemite beta

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jwlimages‌ I'm surprised, I don't believe there is anything special about 4.4.3 that has shifted the OS requirements. According to their guide 1Password 4 for Mac is 10.8.4 or higher as does the MAS store for their MAS version. I think you're okay.

Given the solution for everybody here is to simply download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 for Mac direct from their site anyway, all you have to do is move your 4.4.2 copy somewhere safe, try 4.4.3 and worst case scenario, you delete it and put 4.4.2 back into your Applications folder.

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

Read on 1Password's Twitter Feed: "1Password 4 for Mac users, if you installed 4.4.2 it has an updater bug. Please install 4.4.3 from agile bits.com/downloads to fix."

• elkwisher
    elkwisher
    Community Member
    Options

I tried twice to download the latest update (4.3...), but the download failed. "Could not extract the archive." I'm on Mac, Marericks. What can be done about this?

• elkwisher
    elkwisher
    Community Member
    Options

Version 4.4.3, not 4.3

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the trouble! There was an issue with the 1Password Updater in version 4.4.2. We caught this problem fairly quickly and released version 4.4.3 to fix it, however if you updated to version 4.4.2, the 1Password Updater may fail to extract the application archive when updating to version 4.4.3.

If you updated to version 4.4.2 and are seeing the "failed to extract application archive" message when updating, you'll need to download version 4.4.3 from our website and install it manually:

• Open the 1Password main app, and press ⌃⌘Q (Control+Command+Q) to fully quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Download the latest version from the downloads page on our website: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    • Unzip the downloaded file (if it wasn't done automatically), then drag it to the Applications folder and replace the existing version.

If you're still having trouble installing version 4.4.3, please feel free to create a new discussion and we can assist.

This discussion has been closed.