Error updating 1Password for Mac from v4.4.2 to v4.4.3 (failed to extract application archive)

Options

Comments

• PTH
    PTH
    Community Member
    Options
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There are a couple of threads on this, the solution is to download and extract a fresh copy of 1Password direct from their website and replace your copy of 4.4.2 - nice and easy :smile:

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies for multiple threads .. I did search the problem but nothing came up. Must be my search techniques!

• John Baughman
    John Baughman
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Is there a problem with the latest update? It goes through the download ok, but fails extracting the application archive.

OS 10.9.5

• rdcherry
    rdcherry
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. iMac 27" late 2012 OSX 10.9.5

• babbleon
    babbleon
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I'm having the same problem as well. OSX 10.9.5

• jeffyerkey
    jeffyerkey
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Fails to extract.

• cr33d
    cr33d
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto. Have tried all three sources available to me in the updater. MBP Quad core i7, Mac OS X 10.9.5. Exact failure dialog can be seen at https://dropbox.com/s/ni3192yfpldvao4/Screenshot%202014-10-07%2007.35.50.PNG?dl=0

• pixelrevision
    pixelrevision
    Community Member
    Options

Same failed to extract when doing using updater to 4.4.3. OSX 10.9.5.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There are a couple of threads regarding this. In the others, people suffering this issue have been recommended to download a fresh copy of 4.4.3 direct from AgileBits, extract it and then replace the existing copy in your Applications folder. Nothing else needing done afterwards.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Check out post #2, reiterated in post #18 and confirmed as the best solution over in this other thread.

• A. Jesse Jiryu Davis
    Options

I see this error:

The 1Password Updater application's "source" menu had "CacheFly" checked, but it acts the same if I switch the source to either of the other two options: AgileBits or Amazon CloudFront, regardless it says "failed to extract application archive".

• jfnixon
    jfnixon
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Either the update archive is corrupt, or 4.4.2 has a problem processing update images.

• ralphdaily
    ralphdaily
    Community Member
    Options

Me too. "failed to extract" on 4.4.3 on Mavericks from 4.4.2.

• RRettke
    RRettke
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue. Failed to extract attempting to install 4.4.2 last night, now does the same on 4.4.3. Also get the same result attempting to update the Yosemite Beta on my MacBook Pro. Have rebooted both Macs, made no difference.

• Rosemary Comella
    Rosemary Comella
    Community Member
    Options

Me too. "failed to extract" on 4.4.3 on Mavericks from 4.4.2.

• SausalitoDog
    SausalitoDog
    Community Member
    Options

Mine not only failed to update, but the links to the Web site do not work and going straight to the Web site only gives a link to 4.4.1

Guess I’ll wait a few days...

• Guardsix
    Guardsix
    Community Member
    Options

I’m getting the same error. Hope somebody is reading this that can fix the software. Not nice to leave your customers hanging with a bad update!

• alistaircom
    alistaircom
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I am having the exact same issue.

MacBook Air Mid 2013, OSX 10.9.5

• avol
    avol
    Community Member
    Options

Same issues, as everybody is reporting. Attempted at 2:00am, 9:30am, 3:30pm

• Peter Stremic
    Peter Stremic
    Community Member
    Options

Thought I was the only one… bad update obviously.

• RC67010
    RC67010
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, everyone! i.e. 4.4.3 is “unable to extract application archive.” Think programers need to “field test” this better before wasting our time.

• FullScore
    FullScore
    Community Member
    Options

Time for Agile to respond to this appallingly bad update.

• kawaikini
    kawaikini
    Community Member
    Options

Echo. 4.4.2 updated normally, then 4.4.3 pops up soon thereafter, but same problems as above. Is 4.4.3 legit, or phish?

• RRettke
    RRettke
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, this is getting strange… I just succesfully installed the 4.4.3 update om my wifes iMac (Mid 2012) running Mavericks with no issue. Still will not install on my Dec 2012 iMac running Mavericks nor will the 4.5BETA-28 install on my 2007 MacBook Pro running Yosemite. All 3 Macs run on the same network, same router (Airport Extreme).

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem for me with 4.4.3 attempts at updating from the alert. When I try to click on the website link it just stays with the TRY AGAIN button. I'm on 10.9.5 on iMac.

• jhk
    jhk
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me. Can't extract the download. OS X 10.9.5 on an iMac.

• a2townie
    a2townie
    Community Member
    Options

Successful on my iMac, not on my MBPro.

• wplogan
    wplogan
    Community Member
    Options

If you look at the release info before you click the install button it tells you to just down load 1Password from the agile bits web site if you have a problem installing. That seems to work.

• jwlimages
    jwlimages
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem - MacPro running OSX 10.8.5. When I come to the web site to download/install manually, 1PW is stated to require OSX 10.9. Is this new w/this version? v.4.4.2 has been running fine on my 10.8 systems.

This discussion has been closed.