Stuck in Updating Cycle

Options
RBL100
RBL100
Community Member

I have 4.4.3 installed and it works fine. But every day I get a pop up notice telling me there is an update available. I can click Update or Ignore. When I choose Update, then 1Password tells me that I am up to date and have the latest. What/how do I clear this condition?

Thanks.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RBL100,

Sorry that 1Password 4.4.3 keeps insisting it be updating itself to 4.4.3. That's no fun.

Have you restarted your system since this started happening? If not, please give that a try before anything else.

If that doesn't help, please try downloading the application from our website and installing it manually:

• First, open the current 1Password main app, then press Control-Command-Q (⌃⌘Q) to fully quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Download the latest version from the downloads page on our website: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    • Unzip the downloaded file (if it wasn't done automatically), then drag it to the Applications folder and replace the existing version.

And let us know if the updater's still stuck in a loop after that so we can figure out some other way to fix it. Thanks!

• RBL100
    RBL100
    Community Member
    Options

After I rebooted I had to wait a day to see if I got the notification to update. Happy to say I didn't. Seems like that did it. Thanx.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RBL100,

Great to hear the 1Password updater has quieted down after restarting your Mac. Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.