Yosemite download

Options
pspilot
pspilot
Community Member

Downloaded Yosemite this morning without thinking that a problem would develop with my 1Passowed, but after download, 1Passowrd was placed into INCOMPATIBLE software folder and I am concerned as my 1Passowrd information was extensive. Hope for a workaround to recover all.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pspilot‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. What version of 1Password were you using prior to updating to Yosemite? The 1Password 5 update should be shown in the 'Incompatible updates' section of the App Store until you're all updated to Yosemite, but after that you should be able to download and enjoy!

• scooter22
    scooter22
    Community Member
    Options

just down loaded yosemite and down loaded password 5 said 30 day trail.I just paid for password 4 but can't find a license when come up.do I need the password 5

• Hi guys,

@pspilot, your data file is stored separately from the 1Password app. You can download 1Password 5 again from the Mac App Store if you bought it there or from our website and it'll pick up your existing data from 1Password 4 without any issues.

@scooter22, when you paid for 1Password 4, you should've gotten an automatic email from us containing the link to your license file. That's the license file you need to register in 1Password by opening 1Password and going to the 1Password Menu > License... This works in both 1Password 4 or 5, they use the same license file.

Let me know if you need further assistance with the license.

This discussion has been closed.