Sync data between 2 versions of 1PWD Mac? Will 1PWD 4 still be available from MAS? [Yes]

Options
billj
billj
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I have been using Dropbox to sync 1Password data between my "work" Mac (running OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks) and my iOS devices (currently running iOS 8.0.2--I plan to upgrade them to iOS 8.1 next week). I just installed OS X 10.10 Yosemite on a second Mac (my "test" machine) and would like to sync this machine with my 1Password data as well.

(Aside: I may switch to iCloud Drive syncing once I've installed Yosemite on my "work" Mac. But for now, I will continue to sync 1Password with Dropbox.)

I am using the Mac App Store version of 1Password for Mac.

I've downloaded 1Password 5.0 to the second (Yosemite) Mac, but have not launched it.

Will my 1Password data in Dropbox be happy if it's accessed with one Mac running Mavericks and 1Password 4.4.2, another Mac running Yosemite and 1Password 5.0, and iOS devices running iOS 8.0.2/8.1 and 1Password 5.1?

One other question: will Macs running Mavericks and Mountain Lion still be able to download 1Password 4.x from the Mac App Store? (Let's assume 1Password 4.x had been purchased from the MAS long before Yosemite and 1Password 5 became available.)

Comments

• Hi @billj,

Will my 1Password data in Dropbox be happy if it's accessed with one Mac running Mavericks and 1Password 4.4.2, another Mac running Yosemite and 1Password 5.0, and iOS devices running iOS 8.0.2/8.1 and 1Password 5.1?

Yes, it’ll be happy to sync your data via Dropbox. It’s the same data across all devices with the same sync service.

The issue with iCloud on iOS 8 and Yosemite is that it’s entirely a different sync service compared to the prior iCloud sync service, that’s why you need 1Password 5 for both Mac and iOS while upgrading to iCloud Drive on both of them.

One other question: will Macs running Mavericks and Mountain Lion still be able to download 1Password 4.x from the Mac App Store? (Let's assume 1Password 4.x had been purchased from the MAS long before Yosemite and 1Password 5 became available.)

Yes, it applies to any apps you purchased as Apple offers compatible updates for all current customers for both iOS and OS X.

• billj
    billj
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Mike.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On Mike's behalf, you're welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.