1Password v5 reporting I have a trial version. Auto updated from v4 from MAS when upgraded Yosemite

Options
ptcurrie
ptcurrie
Community Member

1Password shows "Trial Expired" in upper right corner of v5 on yosemite. I have a MAS ver 4 license. Thought this upgrade was free.

Is that true? Do I have to drop another $35 again?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you sure that the 1P5 version which shows as "Trial expired" in fact comes from the Mac App Store? There is no trial version available from there. The only trial version comes from the AgileBits store. You need to download the update from the Mac App Store—and, I suspect, find and delete some other copy of 1P5 (perhaps a beta version you were testing?) from your machine. Before deleting any version of 1P5 make sure you close it using ⌃⌘Q.

For clarity, the update from 1P4 to 1P5 is free. You do not have to pay again.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ptcurrie‌

When you say MAS ver 4 licence I'm going to assume you don't actually have a licence that you apply as that isn't how the Mac App Store works, it simply authenticates against your Apple account to confirm you have indeed purchased it. If you have a licence then you've purchased it directly from AgileBits at some point and that's a different kettle of fish.

Assuming it is a MAS purchase you really shouldn't be seeing that at all. Can you try deleting 1Password from your Applications folder (if you're used to deleting apps on an iOS device then you can use Launchpad to do it in the same way) and downloading a fresh copy from the Purchases tab in the Mac App Store. Just don't use some third party uninstaller that might wipe out preferences and data - you want to leave your vault exactly where it is :wink:

• Hi @ptcurrie,

The guys are right, there isn't any trial code in the Mac App Store versions of 1Password and 1Password 5 is free for all of our current 1Password 4 customers. The Mac App Store is supposed to just update you to 1Password 5 without changing anything.

Did you download 1Password 5 from our website instead?

• Lerxst
    Lerxst
    Community Member
    Options

I experienced (almost) the same thing. Since I needed the Mac+Windows bundle, I purchased and downloaded it from your website. On both my Macs, 1PW5 was suddenly in trial mode, and I couldn't drag the licence which is attached within 1PW to the license registration window.

However double-clicking it seems to have made 1PW5 into a licensed version, but as well as taking me directly to your web store, and showing med the different upgrading alternatives I have (?)....

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lerxst‌

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your license file into 1Password! I do apologize that it was a bit of a process for you.

If there's anything else that we can do to help out, please let us know. :)

• rickwedwards
    rickwedwards
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1Password over a month ago. Yesterday I upgraded my operating system to Yosemite. Now when I open 1Password I get a message in the upper right hand corner of my screen notifying me that my "Trial Expired". Again, I purchased 1Password over a month ago. I am not using a trial version. Now, however, I cannot go in and edit any of my information. How can I reactivate my purchased version of 1Password?????

• rickwedwards
    rickwedwards
    Community Member
    Options

I have an iTunes receipt for 1Password dated August 8, 2014. I, too, get a "Trial Expired" message on my screen now that I have upgraded to Yosemite. I still have my license key. What can I do???

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@rickwedwards‌ I have merged the two threads in which you discussed your problem in order to keep all the discussions about this in one place.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rickwedwards‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. As mentioned above, there is no trial available for the Mac App Store version, and it does not require a license key, as your license is tied directly to your AppleID.

Could you please look in the 1Password menu, in the About 1Password section: does it say 'Mac App Store'?

I'd also like you to try this:

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

Does this help?

This discussion has been closed.