MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility (mrc-converter-suite)

Options

Comments

• marcuscent
    marcuscent
    Community Member
    Options

That would be great, Many thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This is why we love MrC.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@marcuscent ,

I've updated version 1.09 in Testing Bits to accommodate the new Password Agent XML format output in versions after 2.6.3. Go ahead and give it a try.

• marcuscent
    marcuscent
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I still got "exported 0 items". I downloaded the zip again from https://support.1password.com/import/. Was that wrong? Not sure what Testing Bits is? Do I need a different version of convert_to_1p4.pl from another location?. Thanks again.

• marcuscent
    marcuscent
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry. I was able to work it out. Found the new version. It worked perfectly. Many thanks for your help.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @marcuscent ,

I'm happy to hear it worked out for you.

FYI: The AgileBits GitHub site has a older version (1.08); the Testing Bits area (mentioned in the first post of this thread) is where I dump updates with fixes and new features. Eventually I submit a new version to AgileBits for GitHub, but it is almost always out of date with a week or two.

Enjoy 1Password!

• Baldessari
    Baldessari
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    running the "AppleScript_Conversion_Helper" to convert the os x keychain data gives me the answer:

DFeserRetina:convert_to_1p4 dfeser$
    DFeserRetina:convert_to_1p4 dfeser$ cd Desktop/convert_to_1p4perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl keychain -v ../pm_export.txt
    -bash: cd: Desktop/convert_to_1p4perl5.16: No such file or directory
    DFeserRetina:convert_to_1p4 dfeser$ perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl keychain -v ../pm_export.txt
    Odd number of elements in hash assignment at Converters/Keychain.pm line 146 (#1)
    (W misc) You specified an odd number of elements to initialize a hash,
    which is odd, because hashes come in key/value pairs.

Use of uninitialized value in list assignment at Converters/Keychain.pm line
    146 (#2)
    (W uninitialized) An undefined value was used as if it were already
    defined. It was interpreted as a "" or a 0, but maybe it was a mistake.
    To suppress this warning assign a defined value to your variables.

To help you figure out what was undefined, perl will try to tell you
    the name of the variable (if any) that was undefined.  In some cases
    it cannot do this, so it also tells you what operation you used the
    undefined value in.  Note, however, that perl optimizes your program
    anid the operation displayed in the warning may not necessarily appear
    literally in your program.  For example, "that $foo" is usually
    optimized into "that " . $foo, and the warning will refer to the
    concatenation (.) operator, even though there is no . in
    your program.

Examined 506 items
    Skipped 506 non-login items
    Skipped 0 duplicate items
    Imported 0 items
    Exported 0 total items
    DFeserRetina:convert_to_1p4 dfeser$

Any suggestions? - Thank you for your help!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Baldessari ,

Please use the 1.09 version posted in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post.

• Baldessari
    Baldessari
    Community Member
    Options

Aah - thank you so much! The import worked smoothly...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Baldessari,

I’m so glad to hear that once again, @MrC’s scripts have saved the day!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC
    Do you plan a GUI for Windows, so users can import their passwords with one mouse click (easier to use)?
    Would be cool when there would be one archive that contains all needed files (also Perl).

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@OLLI_S ,

Probably no GUI for Windows, as there isn't a good set of (safe, secure) tools to use for this.

I've considered packaging the Perl modules and Perl, however, this is a lot of extra work, as I'd need to compile the modules for the various platforms and bit versions, as well as keep up the archive up to date. It just isn't worth it for a one shot converter.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC
    I have in KeePass also many entries that have NO password (reason: I imported in the past my browser bookmarks to have all bookmarks and passwords in one place).
    How does your importer handle these entries?
    Is there a way so I can just import all entries hat have a password?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@OLLI_S ,

If there is a URL, UserName, or Password, then the record will be detected as a Login. Otherwise, it will be a Secure Note.

You can tell the converter to import only Login types using --imptypes option. See the README:

Options: --imptypes and --exptypes

By default, all exported entries will be processed and converted to types that 1Password can import. The options --imptypes and --exptypes allow you to selectively choose which entry types to process on import and which entry types to export to the 1Password 1PIF file, respectively.

For example, if you only wanted eWallet’s types bankacct and votercard converted, the option --imptypes bankacct,votercard would be added to the command line. And if you only wanted note types to be exported to the 1Password 1PIF file, then the option --exptypes note would be added. This may result in more entries than you expect, as some password manager entry types will be split into two or more different 1Password entry types (aka Categories).

For example, a single LastPass entry of type Identity may be split into four separate 1Password entries, one each the types Identity, Login, Secure Note, and Social Security. The list of supported types is available via the --help option when a converter is specified on the command line (see the example --help output above). Take care when using --exptypes with types that split.

• robbpowell
    robbpowell
    Community Member
    Options

I am having no success making the conversation work for a Mac.
    I am using V6.3.2 for Agile Bits
    Mac OS X 10.11.6

I have created a local keychain.

Downloaded converter and it creates a file . . .
    Then I run the apple script converter I eventual get
    Examined 646 items
    Skipped 646 non-login items
    Skipped 0 duplicate items
    Imported 0 items
    Exported 0 total items
    Robbs-2015-Pro:convert_to_1p4 RobbPowell$

It creates a file and posts it, but then when I try to import the file, using the other/ import 1PIF file/ it says error "Could not read items from file. Check import format."

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@robbpowell ,

Please use the 1.09 version posted in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post.

• robbpowell
    robbpowell
    Community Member
    Options

How do I find that . . the posts don't show it and it isn't in the PDF

• robbpowell
    robbpowell
    Community Member
    Options

I found 1.08 . . here https://github.com/AgileBits/onepassword-utilities . . but no 1.09

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@robbpowell,

In this thread's first post, search for the phrase "Testing Bits".

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robbpowell,

Here’s the link to the Testing Bits file that MrC was referring to. I hope it helps you get all sorted out! :)

• Gerhard0007
    Gerhard0007
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MRC !

I finally got the german language dump file.

https://we.tl/HLoWozgpPF

It would be nice if you could help us fixing the translation problem.

Many thanks in advance.
    Gerhard

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @Gerhard0007 ,

I thought you might be long gone!

I have the dump and will take a look in the next couple of days.

• ifrroadguy
    ifrroadguy
    Community Member
    Options

Has there been any work on importing data from CiphSafe for MAC OS? If so where is it please.

My wife has about 350 entries I'd like to convert, but it only exports cvs and XML dumps. The CVS doesn't import to 1Password cleanly, the extensive notes my wife keeps are messing it up. She keeps everything from web cuttings to photos and email in the notes section.

Thank you for all your work in making 1Password even better!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @ifrroadguy ,

I have not created a converter for this password manager. I'm a bit busy until this weekend. Can you wait until then for me to take a look?

• theclinton
    theclinton
    Community Member
    Options

Hey I am trying to import my Firefox passwords into 1pass. I used the password exporter addon to create a CSV file with all the info. I set the latest version of this converter up correctly but I am running into an error while trying to get past the conversion step.

C:\Users\clinton\Desktop\convert_to_1p4>perl convert_to_1p4.pl onepif2html -v ..\firefoxpass.csv Uncaught exception from user code: malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "# Generated by Passw...") at Utils/PIF.pm line 931. JSON::PP::decode_error("malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string "...) called at C:/myperl/perl/lib/JSON/PP.pm line 1041 JSON::PP::word() called at C:/myperl/perl/lib/JSON/PP.pm line 729 JSON::PP::value() called at C:/myperl/perl/lib/JSON/PP.pm line 689 JSON::PP::PP_decode_json(JSON::PP=HASH(0x252ff50), "# Generated by Password Exporter; Export format 1.1; Encrypte"..., 0) called at C:/myperl/perl/lib/JSON/PP.pm line 148 JSON::PP::decode(JSON::PP=HASH(0x252ff50), "# Generated by Password Exporter; Export format 1.1; Encrypte"...) called at C:/myperl/perl/lib/JSON/PP.pm line 110 JSON::PP::decode_json("# Generated by Password Exporter; Export format 1.1; Encrypte"...) called at Utils/PIF.pm line 931 Utils::PIF::get_items_from_1pif("..\\firefoxpass.csv") called at Converters/Onepif2html.pm line 76 Converters::Onepif2html::do_import("..\\firefoxpass.csv", undef) called at convert_to_1p4.pl line 125

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @theclinton,

The onepif2html converter is not the correct converter to use for importing CSV. Use the csv converter instead.

• theclinton
    theclinton
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

@MrC I tried using that one and it said
    CSV column names do not match expected names

is there a specific format it needs to be organized in?

This is the format the exporter stores

"hostname","username","password","formSubmitURL","httpRealm","usernameField","passwordField" "https://www.facebook.com","email","pass","https://www.facebook.com","","email","pass"

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@theclinton,

See the instructions in the the csv converter section in the README.pdf. You need to add column header names to the CSV so that the converter knows what each column means.

• theclinton
    theclinton
    Community Member
    Options

Okay I didnt notice that section down there, Ill load up excel and see what I can do thanks. @MrC

• theclinton
    theclinton
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC does the look about right?

http://prntscr.com/cmazwh

http://prntscr.com/cmb1ob

or did I mess up somewhere

This discussion has been closed.