MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility (mrc-converter-suite)

Options

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@theclinton ,

Two things:

1. remove the asterisks.
    2. you need a Notes column also, even if the values are emtpy.
  • theclinton
    theclinton
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC It worked! Thanks for taking out the time to help me.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@theclinton - you're welcome!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:chuffed:

• James_Mallorca
    James_Mallorca
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sure I'm being dense and there's something blindingly obvious I'm missing here, but I just cannot get this to work.

MacOS Sierra, 1.09 Testing bits. I've exported the keychain and the local iCloud keychain, when I try to convert it, I'm given this error message in terminal:

James-MacBook-Pro:~ James$ cd '/private/var/folders/xz/yg9vx83x2111l9frp2_ltlmh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7A40DE7F-30E5-484A-A56F-08BADC1856E8/d/' && /usr/bin/perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl keychain '/Users/James/Desktop/pm_export-icloud.txt' -v
    Can't open perl script "convert_to_1p4.pl": No such file or directory
    James-MacBook-Pro:d James$

I'm sorry if this is a repeated question, or a stupid one; I've looked and can't find anything similar and my brain is fried after hours of trying. Help! Please, hahaha...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@James_Mallorca ,

I have not yet done any testing on Sierra, and the new randomized folders might be causing the problem. It does not appear from your path above (/private/var/folders/.....) that you have the convert_to_1p4 folder on you Desktop. Try moving it there, and working from within that folder.

• James_Mallorca
    James_Mallorca
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

It's on the desktop, I thought it looked like it couldn't find the script, so I tried with it in the folder, in the enclosing folder, on its own, redownloaded it (I honestly don't know why I thought that would help, but I'd tried everything else I could think of...)

Thank you for your time creating this, and monitoring this so closely.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@James_Mallorca ,

Ok, in that case, don't use the AppleScript helper. Instead, use the command line directly, as per the README.pdf instructions. The two commands you will issue one after the other should be:

cd ~/Desktop/convert_to_1p4
    perl  convert_to_1p4.pl  keychain  ~/Desktop/pm_export-icloud.txt  -v

This assumes the folder convert_to_1p4 is on the desktop and that the script convert_to_1p4.pl and its sub-scripts are also in that folder (not buried further).

• James_Mallorca
    James_Mallorca
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed. Thank you so much, I think you should be granted genius status for such work.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@James_Mallorca ,

Thanks. I'll take a look at Sierra just as soon as I have some spare cycles. Enjoy 1Password!

• andrei_filip
    andrei_filip
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC
    I tried running the perl script, but I don't think it worked. Below is the terminal output:

Examined 1166 items
    Skipped 1166 non-login items
    Skipped 0 duplicate items
    Imported 0 items
    Exported 0 total items

I ran the command from terminal, as the helper does not seem to work (I'm on Sierra). I entered the following commands:

perl convert_to_1p4.pl keychain -v ../pm_export.txt

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@andrei_filip ,

Please use the 1.09 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of this thread.

• andrei_filip
    andrei_filip
    Community Member
    Options

Worked perfectly. Thanks. You're a life saver :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear MrC was able to help! :chuffed: :+1:

• shanec
    shanec
    Community Member
    Options

has anybody had issues copying data from icloud keychain to a local keychain? error is: the contents of this item cannot be retrieved any ideas on what to do have tried turning off keychain on all devices and then re-enabling

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@shanec,

See my reply here.

• shanec
    shanec
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Eventually worked after about the 20th time

Community Member
    Options

Hi MrC, using 1.09. I exported the info from LastPass, saved as a CSV (Unicode). I'm on Windows 7.

C:\Users\X\Desktop\convert_to_1p4>perl convert_to_1p4.pl lastpass -v -o ..\1
    P_import_logins.1pif ..\lastpass-logins-export.csv
    utf8 "\xFF" does not map to Unicode at Converters/Lastpass.pm line 274 (#1)
        (S utf8) When reading in different encodings, Perl tries to
        map everything into Unicode characters.  The bytes you read
        in are not legal in this encoding.  For example
            utf8 "\xE4" does not map to Unicode
        if you try to read in the a-diaereses Latin-1 as UTF-8.
    utf8 "\xFE" does not map to Unicode at Converters/Lastpass.pm line 274 (#1)
    # CSV_XS ERROR: 2032 - EIF - CR char inside unquoted, not part of EOL @ rec 0 po
    s 136 field 7
    Failed to parse CSV column names: Inappropriate I/O control operation

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@111,

How did you actually create the file? Was it a direct export from LastPass? If so, can you explain the exact steps?

I'm guessing your file includes what is known as a BOM (byte order mark), and LastPass doesn't add that, so I need to know exactly how the export was created.

Community Member
    Options

@MrC LastPass doesn't export a file, and their instructions are to save the contents as a .CSV and change the encoding to Unicode. I did that in Notepad.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@111,

Use the instructions in the README.pdf. Under the Exporting from your Password Manager section, you'll find the Lastpass export directions.

btw. Unicode has many different encodings (UTF-8, UTF-16LE, etc.).

• Gerhard0007
    Gerhard0007
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MRC !

It looks like you're pretty busy ;-)

If there is some small time slot it would be great to hear from you in relation to my question - if there will be a solution for the german language problem using your import tool.

Best regards,
    Gerhard

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Gerhard0007 ,

Sorry for the delay - yes, I've been working non-stop on a very long term project, and a couple of other things came up.

I'll work on the code this weekend, and have something for you by Monday morning, my PST time.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options

@Gerhard0007 ,

I've looked through the dump file you gave me on Sept 7th. However, it is just a dump of the categories your client had in his customized wallet, and not the required English to German names I need to create a language file. The dump was just a helper tool, to help you obtain all the category and field names. What I need is a mapping of the names at the top of the Converters/Spbwallet.pl file.

Eg:

creditcard =>               { textname => 'Credit Card', type_out => 'creditcard', fields => [
         [ 'cardholder',         0, qr/^Owner$/, ],
         [ 'ccnum',              0, qr/^Card #$/, ],
         [ 'pin',                0, qr/^PIN$/, ],
         [ 'cvv',                0, qr/^CVV$/, ],
         [ 'bank',               0, qr/^Bank$/, ],
         [ 'creditLimit',        0, qr/^Limit$/, ],
         [ 'url',                0, qr/^Web Site$/,                      { type_out => 'login' } ],
         [ 'username',           0, qr/^User Name$/,                     { type_out => 'login' } ],
         [ 'password',           0, qr/^Password$/,                      { type_out => 'login' } ],
     ]},

I need translations for each of creditcard, cardholder, ccnum, etc. I'm afraid I would have to spend far too much time figuring all this out by looking up each one, for all the category and field names in the %card_field_specs table.

What Im looking for is like what is in the Languages/wallet4.de.txt file:

"Card Number" = "Karten-Nr."
    "Card Type" = "Kartentyp"
    "E-Mail Address" = "E-Mail-Adresse"
    "Issued By" = "Herausgeber"
    "Name of Holder" = "Inhaber"
    "Password" = "Kennwort"
    "Phone Number" = "Telefonnummer"
    "User ID" = "Benutzername"
    "Valid Through" = "Gültig bis"

• mewlo29
    mewlo29
    Community Member
    Options

Hello MRC,

Ive been trying so hard to make it work but it doesnt. I get stuck in the process at the 3rd step the last command. I'm not an IT or developper expert, but im better than the average. I tried with both converter provided and still doesnt work. I've tried modifyig the command to fit my desktop destination. I've tried modifying my desktop destination address etc.... Stil doesnt work.

I have already purchase 1password so i'd like very much to be able to use it.

Data to be converter from True Key
    OS Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit
    1Password 6 latest version available

A Little help would be apreciated.
    Thanks

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @mewlo29 ,

Did you unzip the convert_to_1p4_1.08 folder, and then move the convert_to_1p4 folder inside onto your Desktop? The screenshot you show above doesn't show that.

• mewlo29
    mewlo29
    Community Member
    Options

yes, that the location of the folder. I unzipped it. then moved it. I realize that the 2 converter have different folders. The firsst I tried was names password something after unzipping.... then the second one was accurate as the description. Anyway the first one i tried to move it as is, as well as moving only the sub folder called convert_to_1p4_1.08

C:\Users\Pro\Desktop\convert_to_1p4_1.08

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@mewlo29 ,

First - use the 1.09 version of the converter in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first thread of the converter suite .

Try to cd into the path you think is correct, as in:

cd  C:\Users\Pro\Desktop\convert_to_1p4_1.08

Does that work for you?

• mewlo29
    mewlo29
    Community Member
    Options

okay i ll try and get back to you :)

• mewlo29
    mewlo29
    Community Member
    Options

Okay thank you very much all went well and its imported already.

Can I delete all the downloads used in that process?

This discussion has been closed.