Where are my data?

Options
Jos Vermeulen
Jos Vermeulen
Community Member

After a clean install to Yosemite 1Password 4 did not want to connect to 1Password mini. Then I found the "throw it away and reinstall" solution which is what I did. I did install 5, I hoped that could work. I do not get the 1Password mini error anymore but my data are not in 1 Password.
I put all the files back manually and they are also on Dropbox, but not in 1Password. What can I do?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jos Vermeulen‌ I'm not sure what you did to throw 1Password 4 away but as long as you have either Dropbox or 1Password's backup files (they end in .1p4_zip) then you should be set to simply set up 1Password 5 as a new user with existing data. When you launch 1Password 5 I assume it's asking you to either set up a new vault or point it to an existing one. If you point it to the Dropbox one then it has the advantage that it ought to be pre-configured to synchronise. That's probably the easiest route. This guide is about loading an existing vault into a fresh copy of 1Password, don't worry if it says 1Password 4 anywhere, the steps haven't changed between the versions.

• Hi @Jos Vermeulen‌,

If you open 1Password right now, what do you see, the welcome tour asking if you're new or an existing user?

If yes, click on I've used 1Password before and use Dropbox to point to your data file in the Dropbox folder, that should then take you to the unlock screen.

This discussion has been closed.