Any plans to add TAGS to 1Password for Android?

robbski
robbski
Community Member

Besides having (and often USING) Tags on my Mac computers, the IOS version of 1Password has Tags, also. Any plans on incorporating a Tags section into the Android version of 1Password? I kind of miss it when I'm using 1Password on my phone!

Comments

• Hey @robbski‌. Thank you for reaching out to us, we appreciate your feedback. At this time, I don't have any immediate news to share about tag support in 1Password for Android, but it is one of the features that is commonly requested by our users. I will add your vote for the original request as I'm sure our development team will be looking into this further.

• jcmtyler
    jcmtyler
    Community Member

+1 please add my vote as well

I imported about 300 logins from KeePass into 1Password, and it converted all of my KeePass categories into tags in 1Password. This is fine on the Mac, but on my Android I essentially have one giant list of logins that I have to search through. I can manually add some items as favorites in the meantime, but having the same tag support on Android as I do on Mac and iOS would be much more convenient.

Thanks for the fantastic app and service!

• Hi @jcmtyler‌

Thanks for the kind words! I went ahead and added your vote for tags support as well. Please let us know if you have any other feedback. :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@jcmtyler‌ you could use normal folders as these are supported on Android. I know they're not as flexible as tags but they would make your life a little easier until tag support is added.

• Thanks for the great suggestion, Richard. :)

• jcmtyler
    jcmtyler
    Community Member

Thanks Richard, I'll give that a try.

• Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with! We'll continue to consider tags for a future update.

• jcmtyler
    jcmtyler
    Community Member

Cool, this actually worked out great! I was able to open 1Password on the Mac and quickly move each tag to a new folder, which then synced to Android (not immediately, over the next 12 hours or so). Thanks for the suggestion!

• Glad to hear that worked out so smoothly. :)

This discussion has been closed.