Why no "Open Vault" option? [double-click keychain vault to open it with 1Password]

Options
essambk
essambk
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I have 2 vaults. The primary vault is my personal vault and I keep a separate vault for work-related stuff. 1Password 5 for Mac has been working fine with both vaults for a couple of weeks now. This past weekend, however, I did a clean install of Yosemite and now 1Password thinks I have only the primary vault.

In any other program, you would simply open the existing vault. Unfortunately 1Password doesn't appear to have an "Open Vault" option. Instead I have to create a new vault, then select the existing vault backup file in Dropbox and then it will merge the passwords in. It's great that it's smart enough merge in the passwords from the Dropbox file, but this procedure is non-intuitive. Can we please get an "Open existing vault" option instead ?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

One other way is you should be able to double click on the keychain file to start the process of adding a vault.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @essambk,

Sorry that it wasn't clear how to open your work keychain vault in Dropbox with 1Password.

You can add a new secondary vault by double-clicking on a keychain vault that's in your Dropbox folder, like @thightower mentioned. 1Password will open it and prompt for the keychain vault password. Once unlocked, a secondary vault in your 1Password database is created from the keychain vault data and syncing will be configured with it.

Can we please get an "Open existing vault" option instead ?

We have a request for that in our tracker and I've included yours with it. Thanks!

ref: OPM-2147

This discussion has been closed.