Feature Request: Billing and Shipping Address Fields for Credit Cards

Options
alxledesma
alxledesma
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Hello,

I would love to be able to store different billing and shipping addresses per credit card. Right now there is no way to this other than create manual fields or use the notes section in the credit card entry but that won't auto fill. I hope to see that as an improvement in the near future. Keep up the great work guys!

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yes, this could be useful. I occasionally send things to a friend's address, and 1PW tends to overwrite the address.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alxledesma‌

Thanks so much for the suggestion! If you're looking to store shipping addresses in 1Password, the best place to do so right now is in the Identities category. You can store as many addresses as you like, including friends, nieces and nephews, etc. which seems like a better solution than having multiple addresses stored within your Credit Card entry.

Let me know what you think of this solution. :)

• alxledesma
    alxledesma
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌, with an app as powerful as 1Password it seems there many ways to skin a cat. That seems like a two step solution that may work for some but if you really think about it every credit card has a billing address associated with it. It is the standard and a requirement for the majority of vendors who accept credit cards. I truly believe that it belongs in the credit card category. Thank you for responding to my post. I love 1Password!!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alxledesma‌

Thanks so much for the feedback, you've made your case well! While I can't promise anything, I will pass your suggestion along to our developers. :)

• GoSmitty
    GoSmitty
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to +1 this idea. I really like a lot of what I've seen of 1Password so far, but, as a new user coming over from LastPass, I already miss this functionality. I realize 1Password simply "does it differently," but I currently run both because the "profile" method simply works better, IMHO. Its ridiculous to have a two-step process for something that should just happen organically. Otherwise, please give us more user modifiable fields in the Credit Card editing screen. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GoSmitty,

Thanks for adding your vote here. :)

• alxledesma
    alxledesma
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Megan‌! I will keep my eyes peeled.

• Ben
    Options

:)

This discussion has been closed.