Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member

Comments

• rmathes
    rmathes
    Community Member
    Options

so why is this still an issue? I'm confused. I'm running what appears to be the latest version of Firefox on a Mac, 34.0.5, I've got the latest beta version of the 1Password mac app, and yet it appears the only browser extension version that will work in this environment is 4.2.3, released months ago?

Wtf?

I've been a fan and customer of this product for years now, but this is making me wonder if I should be looking for other alternatives. If something like this still hasn't been remedied, maybe it's time to move on.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

@mathes I am running exactly the same as you on OS X 10.10.1: Firefox 34.0.5, 1P 5.1.BETA-25 and I have absolutely no problem running the latest beta extension (4.3.0.b4) in Firefox. I think before you start blaming 1P you'd better take a look at your system. :)

It might help if you explain exactly what the problem is. What do you mean when you say other 1P extension versions don't "work"?

If you're using lots of add-ons you could try creating a new Firefox profile and add the latest 1P extension and see if that works. If it does it suggests either a corrupt FF profile or a conflict between add-ons.

The fact that you are the only poster who has posted with this problem does rather suggest it is a problem with your system, I'm afraid. The problem appears to have nothing whatsoever to do with the difficulties referred to in the thread in which you posted so it's really not a matter of something which "still hasn't been remedied".

Edit: @rmathes‌ I've split your post and my reply from the thread in which you posted, which really did not relate to the same problem you have.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is 34.0.5 beta? I only ask as I'm running Firefox 34.0 and it's telling me I'm up to date.

I'm also running the 4.3.0.b4 extension and it's working fine for me although I am only using it at the moment with the MAS version of 1Password for Mac.

I too am curious as to what you mean @rmathes‌ by "will work", how do the other extensions not work?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables‌:

Is 34.0.5 beta? I only ask as I'm running Firefox 34.0 and it's telling me I'm up to date.

No, it's a release version. I think you should give the updater a kick!

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stephen_C‌ I'm sure I had this problem with Chrome as well, stupid browser was telling me I was up to date and it was actually 2/3 versions behind - bah!

This discussion has been closed.