Downloaded from AgileBits instead of AppStore

Options
posey
posey
Community Member

I have just painstakingly uploaded all of my data onto 1Password, which I downloaded from the AgileBits site. I intend to sync 1Password between 4 devices: my iMac, MacBook Air, iPad Mini, and iPhone. All are updated to the most recent operating system, all with the same login, and iCloud drive is enabled on all of them. I just tried to sync the 1Password information that is entered on my iMac via iCloud, but don't see it as an option on the preferences screen -- only Dropbox and a Folder appear. Looking at other discussions on this forum, one suggestion for why I don't see iCloud as an option is that I didn't download 1Password from the App Store. So, I have two questions:

1. Is this conclusion correct, or is there possibly another explanation as to why I don't see iCloud as a sync option?
  2. If I do need to download a new 1Password app from the App Store, is there any way to transfer the data from the existing app to the new one? I would hate to reenter all of this information -- it took hours!

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

@posey‌

Only the MAS version can use iCloud. AgileBits will refund your purchase price if you bought within the past 30 days. You can then use the money to buy the MAS version.

• posey
    posey
    Community Member
    Options

@plato Thanks for this response. Do you have any idea whether there is a way to transfer my info from the AgileBits version to the MAS one?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

@posey - Here are instructions for moving from the AgileBits web store version to the Mac App Store version: Migrating to the Mac App Store version

• posey
    posey
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth Thank you!!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of @hawkmoth, you're very welcome! If you need anything else, we're always glad to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.