Cannot save Login on www.garten-schlueter.de in Firefox [Reported and workaround in post #3]

Options
Barky
Barky
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

I've created a new account on this site:

https://www.garten-schlueter.de/login.php

I want to save the login data with Firefox 37.02 and the 1Password addon.

When I click Settings -> Save new Login... in the addon menu NOTHING happens. Reproducible every time.

Restarting the browser does not help. I've the latest version of 1Password (4.3.1.560) on Windows 7x64.

A quick test with another (random) website with the same function worked without problems (the create new login popup has showed up).

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Barky I have moved your question to the "saving and filling in browsers" forum, where it will receive the attention from our awesome web browser extension team.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Barky,

That's an interesting one you've brought to our attention because it doesn't work for me on my Mac when I use Firefox but it does when I use Safari. So this oddity is specific to a particular browser's extension. The two browsers seem to be rendering the same HTML so I'm guessing the 1Password Firefox Extension is doing something differently to the Safari one.

So the bad news is it seems the only way to resolve this is to correct the extension.

I'm hoping I can offset that bad news though with the following. Given I can create an item in Safari here is a link to a Garten-Schlueter.1pif file that you can import into your vault. Think of it as a template. Alter the username and password fields to fit your login credentials and it should fill even though 1Password's Firefox Extension refused to save. I've tested this .1pif in Firefox on both the Mac and Windows so I'm pretty confident about it.

Let us know how you get along :smile:

ref: OPX-981

• Barky
    Barky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! It does work with the 1pif file.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Barky,

I'm glad to hear that the .1pif file worked for you! Please let us know if you notice any other sites behaving oddly. :)

This discussion has been closed.