I have my license…

Options
johnswhitehead_
johnswhitehead_
Community Member

but you're asking for my license number in order to quote me for an upgrade. The license number isn't visible on the license. Where do you hide it?

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi John,

Thanks for your interest in upgrading 1Password! What version of 1Password do you have currently, and what version are you looking to upgrade to?

If you have a license for 1Password 4/5 for Mac, it's a license file rather than a key, as you're describing, but it also comes with a free license key for 1Password 3, which should be visible in the email receipt we sent you with your license information, and that key can be used in the upgrade store.

Unless you bought 1Password from the Mac App Store, in which case the license is tied to your Apple ID. If that's the case, and you're looking for an upgrade/bundle discount on 1Password 4 for Windows, then please email your 1Password for Mac receipt to support_forums@agilebits.com and we can help you via email. Thanks! :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options

John, you should change your username. It's never a good idea to give a full email address on a public forum, as it can lead to spam.

John, if you do currently have version 4 (which has a license FILE), the same license works for version 5. No upgrade fee needed. If you only have version 3, then you should have a license key, which is needed for the upgrade price.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi John,

Hopefully the information from Vee and danco was helpful for you, but if you have more questions about that, please let us know. We're always happy to help! :)

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@johnswhitehead_,

I went ahead and changed your username for you. Feel free to send one of us a direct message if you'd like it changed to something else. And now you have 4 replies to your 3-sentence post. Don't you feel special? ;)

This discussion has been closed.