I have lost my vaults ....

Options
tnswilliams
tnswilliams
Community Member

I presume it was when I upgraded. I don't use the other vaults often so I didn't notice until now.Do I have to get an older copy of 1password

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It would help us to help you if you were to give us more information.

1. Please tell us what version of 1P you are using (go to 1Password > About 1Password, click on Copy to Clipboard and post the result here).
    2. Do you mean that you can still see your primary vault but can't see your secondary vaults?
    3. Do you sync your 1P data to any other device? If so what device and what version of 1P are you running on that device? What sync method are you using?
    4. When you say "upgraded", what did you upgrade: OS X or 1P?

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tnswilliams ,

I'm so sorry that you're having trouble with 1Password! As Stephen says, we'd love a bit more detail here to track down where things are getting tangled up. Please answer his questions so that we can get this straightened out for you.

• tnswilliams
    tnswilliams
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply.
    I now have v5 of 1password, 1password was what I had upgraded.
    I can still get access to my primary vault, I have two others that I cannot see anymore.
    Yes I synch to my ipad
    The version I had previously was v4....I assume as the major revision number for the current install is v5. I don't really keep a track of the versioning.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I synch to my ipad

Sorry, but we really do need full replies to question 3 in my previous post. You've not told us, in particular, how you sync your 1P data (Dropbox, iCloud, wifi). You can find the version number of 1P for iOS by looking towards the bottom of the Settings screen in 1P for iOS. Please confirm that version number.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tnswilliams,

I'm sorry about all the questions! We just need to make sure we understand your current setup so we can help to get things sorted out and working the way they're supposed to. Installing an update for 1Password 4 or 5 shouldn't cause anything to happen to your secondary vaults, so there must be something else happening here. Anything you can tell us about the steps you took to install the update, and how you noticed your secondary vaults were missing, can help us figure out what went wrong and the best way to fix it.

There are some things you can check on your Mac and on your iPad that will help us:

On your Mac:

• Open the main 1Password app and go to the menu for 1Password > About 1Password. What version number is shown there? And, is it the AgileBits Store or Mac App Store version?
    • Go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences, then select the Sync tab. Do you see only the Primary vault listed there? Are there any others?
    • In the Sync settings, which sync option is selected for the Primary vault?
    • If any other vaults are listed there, select each one. Which sync option is selected for each vault?

On your iPad:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings, then look directly underneath the "Recommend 1Password" option. What version number is shown there?
    • In the 1Password app, go to Settings > Vaults and tap the 'i' button to the right of your Primary vault. Does it say "Sync Service" or "Start Syncing"? If it shows a Sync Service, which one is selected?
    • Go back to the Vaults screen. Do you see your secondary vaults listed there?
    • If your secondary vaults are listed there, tap the 'i' icon to the right of each one. What do you see for the sync setting of each vault?

This should give us a much better idea about how you have things setup. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.