Trial Expired and sync problems on wife's devices

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password on two macs and two iPhones.

Comments

• Andrew82
    Andrew82
    Community Member
    Options

I am running in to a similar issue. I purchased 1Password on my Mac with my AppleID and it works great on there and my iphone. I installed on my wifes macbook and her iphone (she has a separate AppleID) and on the laptop - she is getting a trial has expired message - and on her phone it has stopped pulling in any of the login info. Any help to fix this would be appreciated!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Andrew82,

I'm sorry your wife is having trouble with 1Password on her Mac and iPhone! I hope you don't mind, but it sounds like this is a bit different from the question in the previous thread, so I've moved your message to a new discussion, to avoid confusion.

So if I understand, 1Password is working correctly for you on your Mac and your iPhone, but your wife is having trouble on her Mac ("Trial Expired") and her iPhone (sync stopped working). Does that sound right? If so, it sounds like there are a couple different issues here:

on the laptop - she is getting a trial has expired message

It sounds like you purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store (with your Apple ID). But if your wife is seeing a Trial Expired message, that means she has the AgileBits Store version installed, not the Mac App Store version. We have information about that message here: "Trial Expired" notice (Mac)

I'm assuming you want your wife to be able to share your purchase of 1Password from the Mac App Store? If so, you can use Apple's Family Sharing feature which allows up to 6 members of your family to share apps purchased from the Mac App Store, even if they're each using different Apple IDs. You can find information on setting up Family Sharing on Apple's site here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088

Once you set up Family Sharing, your wife will need to download 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store. It's easy to switch from the AgileBits Store version of 1Password to the Mac App Store version, and we have more information about that in this knowledgebase article.

on her phone it has stopped pulling in any of the login info.

If she was syncing her 1Password data between her Mac and her iPhone, it sounds like something has gone wrong with the sync setup. What sync method was she using? Is that same sync method still enabled in the sync settings of 1Password on her Mac and iPhone? If you'll be following the steps above to install the Mac App Store version of 1Password on her Mac, you'll need to enable sync in that app, so maybe that will solve the problem. If not, please let us know, and we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• Andrew82
    Andrew82
    Community Member
    Options

This - super helpful. I should have thought of the family sharing option. I will give and hopefully everything should be set on the Mac side. The phone side - not sure. It asked her to login in to the mac to reveal further logins - which when I logged in to my Mac it then showed everything on her phone.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Andrew82,

I'm glad that was helpful! Hopefully that sorts things out as far as the app she's using on her Mac.

As for syncing, I'm not sure I understand what you're describing on the iPhone and Mac. To check the sync settings in 1Password on the iPhone, she'll need to open the 1Password app and go to Settings > Sync. On the Mac, once she gets the Mac App Store version installed and gets things setup there, she'll need to go to Preferences > Sync and set up one of the sync options.

We can help with getting the sync to work, but you'll need to get the Mac App Store version of 1Password situated on her Mac first. Once that's sorted out, take a look at the sync settings. If you need more help at that point, please let us know what you find. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.