Upgrade costs

MFriend
MFriend
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I read that a buyer would get free updates within a particular version. I see that 1Password 4 cam out more than a year ago. Does anyone know when version 5 for Windows will be out (should I wait) or what the discount would be if I ordered now?

Thanks,
Matthew

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• a620620
    a620620
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

什么时候有新版本?

(Bing Translator: When is the new version?)

• @MFriend - In the past we have offered a free upgrade to a new major version if you have purchased the current version within the year. This is not a standard policy so it can vary each time. We have no definite plans or dates yet for a major upgrade.

• MFriend
    MFriend
    Community Member

Thanks for the info Laura

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of LauraR, you are most welcome! Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

• MFriend
    MFriend
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

Thanks Laura and Brenty...
    I debated between Lastpass Premium (lots of features, good price but the interface is not as nice as 1Password), Dashlane Premium (nicer interface than Lastpass, but does not allow attachments and some other features) and 1Password 4 Windows. I ended up purchasing 1Password Windows version a few days ago. I really like the interface and features. One feature I really like that sets it apart is the "One Time Password" feature. I like being able to set up 2 factor authentication based on the same idea as Google Authenticator. I have a new iPhone coming in October and plan on getting the Pro version of 1Password for IOS. Very nice program. The only thing I hope is that in the future there will continue to be closer and closer feature parity between the Windows Version and MAC version (I'd love to have smart folders and tags that can be clicked on, in a drop down, etc.)
    Thanks again for an excellent product!

• Hi @MFriend,

Thank you for picking 1Password to be your password management tool and for your kind feedback on it, we really appreciate it!

The only thing I hope is that in the future there will continue to be closer and closer feature parity between the Windows Version and MAC version (I'd love to have smart folders and tags that can be clicked on, in a drop down, etc.)

It is absolutely our goal to get all of our 1Password apps closer and closer on the the feature parity over time.

As for the smart folders, this is an exclusive Apple technology we're using on OS X, we don't have it on iOS either despite it being an Apple platform. We do plan to figure out a cross-platform solution for this, so hopefully we can bring that to you.

For tags, you can use it right now. Focus the search field in the main 1Password program and press Alt + Down, it will show you the list of tags. We plan to update the interface to include tags in more places. In the browser extensions, you can use the tags submenu.

This discussion has been closed.