My Master password works on my MAC and iphone. It does not work with Windows.

1password accepts my master password on my MAC and iPhone but it does not on Windows. I sync with dropbox. A knowledgebase article said a bizarre number of reinstallations solved the problem. I tried reinstalling on Windows once but it did not help. I have never been able to get it to work on Windows and now it is in demo mode whatever that means. I would be in theory happy to purchase a license if it worked because I think it could make my life so much easier (sooo many logins).

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:windows password incorrect, kb:master-password-not-accepted

Comments

• tony_g
    tony_g
    Community Member

OK it appears to work now. I checked the dropbox sync before and it appeared ok but I guess there was some sync issue because magically it started working!

• Hi @tony_g,

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you got it working.

Did you get your license issue resolved as well? Reinstalling 1Password should not cause the license status to be reset since the license file is stored outside of 1Password.

• tony_g
    tony_g
    Community Member

I spoke too soon. I bought a license after it started working. Of course now it stopped again :(

• tony_g
    tony_g
    Community Member

I think the problem occurs when I use touch login on my iPhone. That somehow changes the password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tony_g: Touch ID can't change your Master Password. When you use Touch ID, iOS is essentially storing the Master Password for you, and then providing it to 1Password when you authenticate using your finger. So nothing is being written to your vault, and therefore sync'd.

If the same Master Password is not working consistently on your PC, then it is either an input problem, or you have a data corruption issue there. Were it related to iOS, you'd be experiencing problems there as well. Please try the steps in the guide, as it can hep narrow down the problem:

Master Password is not being accepted

The Master Password will only not work if the data is modified such that it is no longer able to decrypt it. There's no magic there, just industry standard cryptography. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.