If the trial expires

Options
pjain
pjain
Community Member

Hi. I wished to wait for 1password 6. My trial for 1Password 5 will expire soon. I do have the iOS version with the pro features for my iPhone.
Once the trial expires, it says that there are limitations, but I can use it.
1) What limitations?
2) If I stop using 1Password for Mac now, but continue using the iOS version, once I do purchase the license for 1Password for Mac, will I be able to sync (with Wifi) from my iOS app to the Mac app? As in, if I create logins or passwords on my iOS app and don't use the Mac app, later on I will be able to sync the data from the iPhone to Mac?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pjain,

We haven't actually announced anything about 1Password 6 for Mac yet, so it's not something I would expect to be released in the immediate future. In general, we don't share our development timelines publicly, but at this point I really don't have any sort of timeframe for that. You're certainly welcome to wait for version 6 before making a purchase, but you might be better off buying a license for version 5 now.

I can't say for certain if 1Password 6 for Mac will be a paid or free upgrade from 1Password 5, but I can tell you that when we've had paid upgrades in the past, we've been very generous about the window for free upgrades. For example, when we released 1Password 4 or Mac in October 2013, it was a free upgrade for anyone who had purchased 1Password 3 for Mac at any point during 2013. So if you buy 1Password 5 now, and if 1Password 6 turns out to be a paid upgrade, you still might be able to upgrade for free (although I obviously can't make any promises, as those details haven't been decided yet).

Please also keep in mind that we don't force you to upgrade, and you can continue using your licensed version for as long as your computer's operating system supports it. 1Password 5 for Mac supports Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) which was just released yesterday.

Now, if you decide to wait to buy a license for the Mac version and your trial period expires:

1) What limitations?

After the 30 day trial, if you’ve already added 20 or more items (Logins, Secure Notes, etc.) to 1Password, you will not be able to add any more. But you will still be able to view the items you've already created - your 1Password data will remain safe and accessible, even after the end of the trial.

2) If I stop using 1Password for Mac now, but continue using the iOS version, once I do purchase the license for 1Password for Mac, will I be able to sync (with Wifi) from my iOS app to the Mac app? As in, if I create logins or passwords on my iOS app and don't use the Mac app, later on I will be able to sync the data from the iPhone to Mac?

Yes, absolutely! But there's no reason to wait - even if the trial for the Mac version expires, you'll still be able to sync your 1Password data between your Mac and other devices.

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.